Re: [AutoTrace] Translations

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
      (I'm not any expert of gettext.)

      > I could help with Italian. Can someone point me to an Howto on how the
      > translation system (is it gettext?) works?
      Great!

      1. do cp po/autotrace.pot it.po
      2. edit it.po, Emacs's po-mode may help you.
      3. added "it" to configure.in(ALL_LINGUAS="ja de"->ALL_LINGUAS="ja de it")
      4. ./autogen.sh
      5. ./configure;gmake; sudo gmake install
      6 export LANG=???; ./frontline

      Sorry, we can see our efforts on only frontline.

      Regards,
      Masatake YAMATO
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
        The German translation now also works. Who knows French, Italian, Hebrew ...
        Please help to translate.

        Greetings

        +++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
      • r.maurizzi@digitalpha.it
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
          > The German translation now also works. Who knows French, Italian, Hebrew
          > Please help to translate.

          I could help with Italian. Can someone point me to an Howto on how the
          translation system (is it gettext?) works?

          Ciao,
          Roberto!
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
            or use poedit

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
              > 1. do cp po/autotrace.pot it.po
              > 6 export LANG=???; ./frontline

              It seems fairly easy.

              > Sorry, we can see our efforts on only frontline.

              ^^;;; I'll have to check if I have all the required gnome files... ^^;;;
              Hope it won't need gnome 2.

              Ciao,
              Rob!
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
                > > 1. do cp po/autotrace.pot it.po
                > > 6 export LANG=???; ./frontline
                >
                > It seems fairly easy.
                Please refer ja.po and de.po.

                > > Sorry, we can see our efforts on only frontline.
                >
                > ^^;;; I'll have to check if I have all the required gnome files... ^^;;;
                > Hope it won't need gnome 2.

                It doesn't require. By the way, frontline itself is gettextized.
                The translations for frontline are welcome!

                One more, you can try autotrace --version and autotrace --help to check
                your translations:

                <Japanese>
                [jet@chuf autotrace]$ autotrace --version
                AutoTrace バージョン 0.31.1.
                </Japanese>

                I tried (export LANG=de; autotrace --help), but the output is just English:

                [jet@chuf autotrace]$ (export LANG=de; autotrace --help)
                You can get the source code of autotrace from
                http://autotrace.sourceforge.net

                I wonder why. Martin, could you get German output?

                Masatake