Re: [AutoTrace] Helpers needed

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2003
      Great, send it to me when it is ready.

      +++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2003
        Sorry to be late to answer.

        > I was considering offering to write a documentation for the usage of
        > the options, but I don't even understand a lot of them myself.
        Great! you are the people I'm looking for.
        I don't also understand well!

        > I'm not a programmer at all, I don't know what most of the paramaters do,
        > but if there's any way I can help with documentation,

        Ok. About paramaters, Martin, the author of autotrace will help you.
        Could tell us a structure of the document you are imaging now.
        ...e.g.

        Section 1. History of AutoTrace
        Section 2. License
        Section 3. Getting and Installing AutoTrace
        Section n. To join development:)

        You idea might be a starting-point for the discussion.

        BTW, which document formats we should ues? I think the plain text
        format is not acceptable because we will use many figures in the
        document. Tell me which document format you are familiar with. I'm
        happy if you tell us other that M$-Word:-P

        Frontline, a GUI frontend for autotrace will help you to create a
        figure in the document.

        If you write the first draft version, I'll create a CVS repository.
        I can put the draft versoin to the repository. Unfortunately Martin
        cannot do this. So push me when the time comes. If you know the
        usage of CVS and have an account on sourceforge.net, let us know.

        > I'd be happy.
        > I'm in school, so don't have a lot of time, it might take a while for
        > me to do anything.
        >
        > (I have found great use for the program already for our religious
        > community - I'm studying to be a priest. It's useful for our
        > publications. If you're interested, I can show a couple of examples.)
        >
        > Please let me know if I can help.
        >
        > Br. Joshua Facemyer, CPM

        Please write in the document how you use autotrace for your religious
        community if possible. Real examples make the document vividly!

        In other hand, I'm using autotrace only for hacking:-P

        Regareds,
        Masatake YAMATO
        <jet@...>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2003
          I think it is not so importnad in which format the docu is written but it
          should be exported as pdf.