Strange autotrace output

  • Rory Hunter
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2002
      Hello,

      I would like to say firstly that autotrace is a fine program, and I am very
      impressed by it!

      I have come across some strange behaviour, which I have documented at

      http://www.fenriz.org/autotrace/

      Basically, there are lots of empty patches between shapes. It's very clear
      in the image / PDF in the above URL. Ignoring these, the quality of the
      output is very good indeed.

      My apologies if this a known issue.

      Regards,

      -- Rory Hunter
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2002
        I know. The problem that all outlines are traced twice and fitted twice - as
        inner and as outer outline. Each time the fitted splines are a bit different so
        we have gaps. I have to rewrite a lot of code for that. Hopefully I will find
        time to.

        Martin