Re: [AutoTrace] Autotrace list archive

  • Adrian Simmons
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2001
      >Is there a list archive anywhere?
      Silly me, it's on Yahoo Groups.
      Sorry for asking.

      --
      Adrian

      e-mail:
      mailto:adrian@...

      Web Site:
      http://www.cubitum.co.uk

      Netscape/AOL Instant Message ID:
      adrianatcubitum

      ICQ:
      #116419539
    • Bob Foley
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2001
        Hello again,

        I have unzipped the downloaded archive into its own directory and have made a shortcut to the executable. Clicking on that shortcut causes an eye-blink brief appearance of what seems to be a DOS window which, apparently, does nothing more than immediately disappear.  Must the contents of the downloaded archive be compiled with Visual C++ or its ilk to obtain a working application?  If so, this necessity would be beyond my capability to accomplish.

        As it now exists on my system, I am unable to accomplish anything constructive with autotrace.exe or its companion 89 DLLs and 3 MGK files, contained within the downloaded archive.  Once more I find myself in need of additional handholding in order to utilize this application and totally dependent upon the kind patience of more astute AutoTrace developer/users.

        Regards,

        Bob  8)
        The homepage of AutoTrace is up again. You'll find it at:
        http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2001
          It is a console application. Try for example
          autotrace test.bmp > test.eps
          in a DOS-Box