Autotrace on OS X

  • Adrian Simmons
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2001
      >The homepage of AutoTrace is up again.
      Nice to see the home page back online :)
      Is there a list archive anywhere?

      A while back someone posted some info about getting autotrace to
      compile/run on OS X - anyone have any tips/suggestions before I give
      it a shot?

      --
      Adrian

      e-mail:
      mailto:adrian@...

      Web Site:
      http://www.cubitum.co.uk

      Netscape/AOL Instant Message ID:
      adrianatcubitum

      ICQ:
      #116419539
    • Adrian Simmons
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2001
        >Is there a list archive anywhere?
        Silly me, it's on Yahoo Groups.
        Sorry for asking.

        --
        Adrian

        e-mail:
        mailto:adrian@...

        Web Site:
        http://www.cubitum.co.uk

        Netscape/AOL Instant Message ID:
        adrianatcubitum

        ICQ:
        #116419539
      • Bob Foley
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2001
          Hello again,

          I have unzipped the downloaded archive into its own directory and have made a shortcut to the executable. Clicking on that shortcut causes an eye-blink brief appearance of what seems to be a DOS window which, apparently, does nothing more than immediately disappear.  Must the contents of the downloaded archive be compiled with Visual C++ or its ilk to obtain a working application?  If so, this necessity would be beyond my capability to accomplish.

          As it now exists on my system, I am unable to accomplish anything constructive with autotrace.exe or its companion 89 DLLs and 3 MGK files, contained within the downloaded archive.  Once more I find myself in need of additional handholding in order to utilize this application and totally dependent upon the kind patience of more astute AutoTrace developer/users.

          Regards,

          Bob  8)
          The homepage of AutoTrace is up again. You'll find it at:
          http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2001
            It is a console application. Try for example
            autotrace test.bmp > test.eps
            in a DOS-Box