Image loading

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2000
      It is much work to support own image loading routines, so we implemented
      the usage of ImageMagick for this. But ImageMagick is very very slow for this.
      So I decided we should also use the very very fast FreeImage
      (http://home.wxs.nl/~flvdberg/), but it is currently only available for Windows. What
      would be the most effecient way to use it? What about porting it to Unix.

    • Stewart C. Russell
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2000
        Martin Weber wrote:

        > It is much work to support own image loading routines

        I think the pnm/bmp mix is about right; you can get every file format to
        pnm without much work. I'd stick to working on the (now remarkably good)
        vectorizing algorithms.

        Stewart
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
          Currently I use ImgaeMagick for loading images for AutoTrace, but it is very
          slow. Should I use FreeImage (http://home.wxs.nl/~flvdberg/) or paintlib
          (www.paintlib.de) in future?

          http://www.gmx.net