Re: [AutoTrace] improving centerline tracing at joints

  • Qianqian Fang
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012
      On 02/05/2012 11:59 AM, Martin Weber wrote:

      I wish I could help you, but for this I would need a better algorithm. Sorry I don't find a better one.

      hi Martin

      thank you for your quick reply. Don't take me wrong,
      autotrace is a fantastic and powerful software! I am
      actually very happy for being able to extract the central
      lines at all. I truly appreciate your effort for writing and
      sharing it with others!

      Because I did not find detailed descriptions on some
      of the flags, for example, "width-weight-factor", so, I
      am not sure if I used autotrace correctly.

      In your opinion, did I use the proper flags to do
      the tracing for this particular image?

      thanks

      Qianqian

      Greetings
      Martin

      Am 05.02.2012 17:51, schrieb Qianqian Fang:

      hi list

      I used autotrace to extract the centerlines from a tubular
      pattern. I found the resulting centerlines often has a
      "seagull-wing" shape at a joint. To illustrate this, here
      is the sample image that I want to trace:

      http://wenq.org/upload/test.png

      the zipped bmp source file is at http://wenq.org/upload/test.bmp.gz

      I used the following command:

      autotrace -centerline -width-weight-factor 0.01 \
      -remove-adjacent-corners -corner-threshold 60 \
      -line-threshold 1.5 -filter-iterations 5 \
      -output-format test.bmp -output-file test.svg

      the output svg looks like this:

      http://wenq.org/upload/test.svg.png

      (the actual svg file is http://wenq.org/upload/test.svg)

      Notice the "wiggly" pattern at the joints.

      My question is: is there an optimized setting in
      autotrace so that I can make these joints more
      straight?

      thanks a lot

      Qianqian

    • Atendimento Americanas
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012

        Esta é uma mensagem automática. Por favor, não responda.

        Entraremos em contato com você o mais rápido possível.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012