improving centerline tracing at joints

  • Qianqian Fang
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012
      hi list

      I used autotrace to extract the centerlines from a tubular
      pattern. I found the resulting centerlines often has a
      "seagull-wing" shape at a joint. To illustrate this, here
      is the sample image that I want to trace:

      http://wenq.org/upload/test.png

      the zipped bmp source file is at http://wenq.org/upload/test.bmp.gz

      I used the following command:

      autotrace -centerline -width-weight-factor 0.01 \
      -remove-adjacent-corners -corner-threshold 60 \
      -line-threshold 1.5 -filter-iterations 5 \
      -output-format test.bmp -output-file test.svg

      the output svg looks like this:

      http://wenq.org/upload/test.svg.png

      (the actual svg file is http://wenq.org/upload/test.svg)

      Notice the "wiggly" pattern at the joints.

      My question is: is there an optimized setting in
      autotrace so that I can make these joints more
      straight?

      thanks a lot

      Qianqian
    • Atendimento Americanas
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012

        Esta é uma mensagem automática. Por favor, não responda.

        Entraremos em contato com você o mais rápido possível.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012