RE: [AutoTrace] Need installation help

  • junkman@midsouth.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2007
      It's been a while, but I think the only way I got it to work via Delineate was to run it under Linux ( or maybe Cygwin).
      It seemed that the Java just didn't want to work properly. {Shrug}

      I also had a lot of trouble from the command line. Below is what I ended up with. This converts to SVG.
      Put this in a .bat file and save it in the autotrace folder. (I know it works like that...)
      Drag and drop your sourcefile (ie: image.bmp) to the batch file or a shortcut of the batch file.
      The output file should land in the same folder as the source file.

      REM ---------------Start--------------------------------
      set file1=%~1
      set options=-preserve-width -output-format svg -output-file
      "C:\AutoTrace\autotrace.exe"  %options% "%file1%.svg" "%file1%"
      REM ---------------End------------------------------------

      I also had troubles with PoTrace. I think I got it working in Delineate, under Windows ONCE :-)
      I believe Autotrace's Kung Fu is better...

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2007
        --- In autotrace@yahoogroups.com, <junkman@...> wrote:

        > It's been a while, but I think the only way I got it to work via
        Delineate
        > was to run it under Linux ( or maybe Cygwin).

        Thanks anyway.

        This is hackerware. Useless for the vast majority of potential users.
        Whose idea was it to use a command line interface for what is
        fundamentally a graphical, visual process? Duh...

        It's OUTTA here.
      • junkman@midsouth.rr.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
          I'm curious if anyone out there is using Delineate successfully under Windows?
          Version? Java version?
          Delineate was rather nice to have for tweaking options.

          It seemed to be discrepancies in Java that was making it bomb.
          Maybe I should give it another go.

          This page says Java 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, but that was about the time it was released.

          It's bedtime now, maybe I will try later.