Dos command for printing HGL file to a Roland dxy 1100

  • richard barwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13 3:34 PM
      Hi,

      I'm new to a lot of this, and haven't used DOS for so long Ive forgotten most of it, so I may be out of my depth here...

      I have a PC running Windows ME, and a Roland dxy1100 plotter that works fine in 'standalone' print test mode, but does nothing when plugged into the parallel port ( set to spp). There are so many options for what may be wrong that I don't know where to start. I have downloaded and installed a variety of drivers, both windows and Dos, and according to 'settings' the windows driver from the roland website is there. The dip switches are all in the correct positions for printing from lpt1.

      Have I got the wrong driver? Is there a problem with the port on my PC? How do I tell? Anyone out there used one of these before??

      I need someone to tell me exactly what I should type after the command prompt to get an HPGL (or is it .hgl?) file from my desktop to the plotter. I may be sounding like a total idiot here, but I'm lost on this...

      Is there anyone out there who could help me with this? All I need to do is print HPGL files from the plotter...That way I can get on with my work.

      Thanks, RB