update ILDA file output module

  • Robin Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2005
      Hello,

      I've updated the ILDA file output module that Arjan van Vught
      has posted to this list in february a little.

      It now includes some optimisations to make the vector data
      suitable for laser projection. Also the true color extension
      to the ILDA file format is now supported.

      You find a patch against current CVS at
      http://www.linux-laser.org/download/autotrace/ilda-output.patch

      I have tested that it compiles with gcc on Linux and VC6 on
      Windows. Do you mind adding it to AutoTrace? :-)

      A few questions:

      Is it possible to access the command line arguments to AutoTrace
      in an output module? The ILDA file output has some switches the
      user should be able to change.

      Is there a recommended set of libraries for the Windows build?
      Which are used for the released AutoTrace binary? The executable
      I've built crashes when I specify a background color using the
      "-background-color 000000" option. Any idea what is causing this?

      Greetings,
      Robin Adams
      radams@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2005
        > I've updated the ILDA file output module that Arjan van Vught
        > has posted to this list in february a little.
        >
        > It now includes some optimisations to make the vector data
        > suitable for laser projection. Also the true color extension
        > to the ILDA file format is now supported.
        >
        > You find a patch against current CVS at
        > http://www.linux-laser.org/download/autotrace/ilda-output.patch
        >
        > I have tested that it compiles with gcc on Linux and VC6 on
        > Windows. Do you mind adding it to AutoTrace? :-)

        Applied thanks.
        I've put your name, Robin Adams to ChangeLog and THANKS file.
        Should I put the name, Arjan van Vught, too?
        (I'm soryy. I didn't track this theme well.)

        > A few questions:
        >
        > Is it possible to access the command line arguments to AutoTrace
        > in an output module? The ILDA file output has some switches the
        > user should be able to change.

        Look at

        static char * read_command_line (int, char * [],
        at_fitting_opts_type *,
        at_input_opts_type *,
        at_output_opts_type *);

        in main.c. After parsing command line at_output_opts_type * is passed to
        an output module.

        > Is there a recommended set of libraries for the Windows build?
        > Which are used for the released AutoTrace binary?

        I don't know. Martin or someone will answer.

        > The executable
        > I've built crashes when I specify a background color using the
        > "-background-color 000000" option. Any idea what is causing this?

        I don't have time to debug, however, if the target image is posted
        here, someone can try to debug.

        Masatake YAMATO