LaserBoy is looking for beta testers!

  • jameslehman1964
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2005
      LaserBoy is an OpenSourse Linux laser art application and programming
      API. What it does is not as important of a question as how it does
      it. It is a set of C++ objects representing every hierarchical aspect
      of what laser vector art is according to the ILDA file standard,
      including multiple palettes.

      A set of scalar objects are defined with a full compliment of
      overloaded arithmetic operators. Container objects are all based upon
      inherited STL vector templates. All of this is packaged into a single
      application-ready-object, with a rich cache of functions, capable of
      displaying itself at any resolution, any angle of rotation, w/wo
      points enhanced, w/wo blanking, and w/wo a very unique double cursor
      that allows sections of points to be selected and modified.

      http://www.akrobiz.com/ezfb/

      Very soon, it will be re-released. There are too many new features in
      this release to write about.

      In order to use this code you need a Linux box.
      The kernel must be built to support a video card as a frame buffer
      device. You must be root, have the code, and be able to type "make".
      This code is designed to turn your Linux box into a display server.
      The laserboy application is run from a shell on another machine.

      LaserBoy is free and will always be free.

      These are pictures of a recent purchase. I got this on January 17th.
      It's pretty crusty in the photos. I took them as soon as I got it
      home. I cleaned it up nicely and it works very well!
      Thanks Rob! You are the man.

      http://www.akrobiz.com/laserboy

      ~James. :o)