Re: [AutoTrace] undither/unraster tool for linux?

  • Frank Mohr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
      Masatake YAMATO wrote:

      > > i have some drawings with dithered areas (and some rastered b&w photos)
      > > that I'd like to convert to vector graphics.
      > >
      > > When I use autotrace on those raw images the result are (as expected)
      > > huge vector files
      > > with lots of small filled areas.
      > > I've preprocessed some of those files manualy with gimp and rather good
      > > autotrace results.
      > >
      > > Does anyone know a tool (prefered cmd line) that does these
      > > conversions/filtering automaticly?
      >
      > How about running gimp in batch mode?

      my manual method was a bit to "visual" to be automated
      - select contiguous region
      - fill that region with a new color
      etc.

      i remember that there are filter algorithms for undithering
      (from years ago when i helped a friend to prepare for her computer
      graphics exam)
      but i dont find a "ready to use" program that does this.

      frank