Fwd: version 0.01 of a web interface for autotrace

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      --- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
      Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:57:19 +0000
      From: Ronan Oger <ronan@...>
      To: martweb@...
      Subject: version 0.01 of a web interface for autotrace

      Hi,

      I was looking for on-line demos of autotrace and found none, so I built a
      Perl web interface for autotrace. It runs on linux. Not sure about win32.
      Here's demo url: http://www.roitsystems.com/cgi-bin/autotrace/tracer.pl

      It lets the user select all the key attributes and generates the drawing of
      the type supported by the build of autotrace selected by the owner.
      Because I am lazy, the file extension is used to identify the filetype.

      If you have time, I'd appreciate feedback on its usability.

      As far as autotrace goes, I am quite impressed. It handles high-noise images
      fairly well.
      That said, I see so far is that fonts seem to take on a pointy look when
      font-filled images are included. Then again, maybe it's my lack of
      familiarity
      with the system.

      Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the future developments of your
      tool.

      Cheers,

      Ronan
      Author, Perl SVG module