[AutoTrace] Re: MACROMEDIA SHIPS FLASH PLAYER SOURCE CODE AND FLASH FILE FOR

  • Gregor Hoffleit
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2000
      On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 07:46:00AM +0100, DrMartin.Weber wrote:
      > It is here now. Can anyone help to create a free library for creating
      > Macromedia flash/shockwave?

      Hmm, just a word of warning. From a quick look at the terms of their "Source
      Code License", this sounds very much incompatible with GPL, i.e. I don't
      think you may use parts of their software in GPL software (e.g. "3.3.c
      Licensee is prohibited from creating a Ported Flash player with features
      that save or store SWF content..." and so on).

      Now to be on the safe side, anybody who intends to work on a free SWF
      library should carefully check the license if he can look at their code, or
      if it's better to make a clean-room implementation.

      Gregor