Re: [Autismlist] Digest Number 1293

  • Alan Clay
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
      What was Sharisa's "thing?" It sounds like it has to
      be good.

      BTW, my address (and the only thing that would appear
      under 'from,' which is one reason why I switched
      emailers) used to be acc01b@....

      >Did you read Sharisa's thing today?
      >She's soooooo autistic. I love her
      >and will email her even if she doesn't
      >read my emails.

      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      http://companion.yahoo.com/
    • Judith Lecuyer
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
        Very transformational! Kind of like your somewhat shamanistic
        experience of the Wolf. Your post was very good about how it feels to
        have such an affinity with the wolf. A long time ago, when beginning
        exploration of things spiritual and metaphysical, I read a book by Jose
        & Lena Stevens, called the Secrets of Shamanism. It was very helpful in
        understanding how our physical/spirit bodies align. Michael Harner is
        also a very good resource. What you described (the sensation of
        expanding into the wolf energy is a type of shapeshifting.) The reading
        was helpful for me as far as personal understanding and in the nursing
        work I was doing at the time in Hospice. I also love wolves and had two
        amazing experiences with wolf encounters in real time ! If you find
        yourself drawn to such things .... it may be a calling for you to study
        more on these types of experiences. I'm not sure ;) But, from what I
        understand and read ... Shamans are called to be ... But, I'm not one,
        so I couldn't say 100%.
        Anyway, your new 'handle' is great. I'm fascinated by the yahoo name
        there. What does it mean? Ecliptor Calrissian?
        So, Happy New Year! Let's hope this coming year is transformational in
        the aspects of love, peace and spiritual unity!
        Blessings,
        Tink

        What was Sharisa's "thing?" It sounds like it has to
        be good.

        *** I think he was referring to the post wherein Sharisa wrote that she
        was thinking too much and turning to clay? Not sure.

        BTW, my address (and the only thing that would appear
        under 'from,' which is one reason why I switched
        emailers) used to be acc01b@....

        >Did you read Sharisa's thing today?
        >She's soooooo autistic. I love her
        >and will email her even if she doesn't
        >read my emails.

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Alan Clay
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
          You're gonna laugh. See, one of my obsessions when I was younger was Star Wars (I still love it even if it's not an every-waking-moment thing like it used to be.) and my favorite character was Lando Calrissian. But that's not why you're going to laugh. Another obsession, still a huge one to this day and probably forever, is Power Rangers. My favorite character was Astronema's recurring monster-slash-general-slash-father figure Ecliptor. He had more style than most PR villains, with all his illusions. When he's around, you never know what's going to happen next. But what makes him my favorite of everyone ever to walk across the screen in the show's eleven-seasons-and-counting run, is his being the first villain to have a soul. He'd raised Astronema since she was a young child, and genuinely cared for her. So you have this black-clad goliath who mops the floor with the Rangers and all the Quantrons draw back when he comes through, and when he's alone with Astronema, it's "Sweet dreams, my princess," or "Astronema, I know when something is troubling you. I've known you since you were a little child. I practically raised you all by myself. Tell me what it is so I can help you." and it's always believable. And while Astronema will yell and rage at the other baddies whenever she loses she never does it to him. It's fun to watch them when she's in a bad mood. You can tell he's humoring his little girl and she's just too snitty to notice. He'll calmly advise her as she storms around the Dark Fortress and he'll calmly listen to all of her rants.Happy new year! (Yay! I get to put up my new wolf calendar! And I got a year-long free subscription to International Wolf magazine along with it. [Excitedly hops around room until draws crazy looks] And looking at their web page turned up a couple of mailing lists, one of which is for people with experiences like mine. Cool!)Oh, and a few days ago, I found the online diary of a woman who has had that same experience ever since the first time she saw wolves in person as a child. It's not all about that, but the times it's mentioned are pretty amazing. I'm going to write to her as soon as I figure out what to say.What were your experiences? I'd love to hear about them.--- autismlist@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > Very transformational! Kind of like your somewhat > shamanistic > experience of the Wolf. Your post was very good > about how it feels to > have such an affinity with the wolf. A long time > ago, when beginning > exploration of things spiritual and metaphysical, I > read a book by Jose > & Lena Stevens, called the Secrets of Shamanism. It > was very helpful in > understanding how our physical/spirit bodies align. > Michael Harner is > also a very good resource. What you described (the > sensation of > expanding into the wolf energy is a type of > shapeshifting.) The reading > was helpful for me as far as personal understanding > and in the nursing > work I was doing at the time in Hospice. I also > love wolves and had two > amazing experiences with wolf encounters in real > time ! If you find > yourself drawn to such things .... it may be a > calling for you to study > more on these types of experiences. I'm not sure > ;) But, from what I > understand and read ... Shamans are called to be ... > But, I'm not one, > so I couldn't say 100%. > Anyway, your new 'handle' is great. I'm fascinated > by the yahoo name > there. What does it mean? Ecliptor Calrissian? > So, Happy New Year! Let's hope this coming year is > transformational in > the aspects of love, peace and spiritual unity! > Blessings, > Tink

          Do you Yahoo!?
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
            Message
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 9, 2004
              I used to watch Pokemon, but it got repetitive after a
              while. The movies are always good, but the episodes
              have ventured into seen-one-seen-'em-all territory.
              Now, Digimon is another story.

              Did you know Tommy (or Jason Frank, who played Tommy)
              is returning to PR? I saw the commercial recently. You
              know how before a new series begins, each character
              gets his or her own commercial? One of them is Tommy
              saying "I helped create them, combining dino DNA with
              technology." and some scenes with the new Zords and
              the new bad guys (leaving you to wonder what it is
              that he created.) Which is why I say "Or at least
              Jason Frank." Can you see the character Tommy having
              the smarts to create Zords *or* a race of dino-like
              baddies? Not that he's *dumb,* but he's not *that*
              smart either.

              I loved reading about your experiences with the
              wolves. Do you get to be around wolves often? No need
              to worry about writing long, I do it myself sometimes
              and I can handle reading it. I like detail. (So if the
              third experience that you didn't mention was left out
              due to length, *please* tell me. Though if it's
              something too personal, I won't try and beg you out of
              it.)

              You saying Ben communicates similar to wolves? What do
              you mean? (And I forgot, is it you who's autistic, or
              the kids, or you *and* them?)

              I also hate it when wolves are portrayed as evil. I
              take it personally. I'm always rooting for the wolves,
              not those awful humans shooting at them. Notice they
              often have the wolves attacking for no good reason? In
              my experience, attacking for the sheer heck of it is
              strictly a human thing. (I was going to be *very* mad
              about tonight's episode of Inuyasha, but it turns out
              the attacking wolves were under the control of some
              new bad guy. Shh! Nobody tell me what happens!)

              Oh, and I found those links to the woman's journal.

              http://www.supposedlysane.com/121099.html
              http://www.supposedlysane.com/120903.html

              Those are the ones dealing with her wolf experiences.
              There could be more, I haven't had time to go over the
              whole site. It covers from September '99 to the
              present, so that'll take awhile. I like the way she
              writes, not just about the wolf experiences, but the
              whole thing. She's fun to read. (I *still* don't know
              what I'm going to write to her.)

            • Judith Lecuyer
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 9, 2004
                I used to watch Pokemon, but it got repetitive after a
                while. The movies are always good, but the episodes
                have ventured into seen-one-seen-'em-all territory.
                Now, Digimon is another story.
                *** Is that on television?

                Did you know Tommy (or Jason Frank, who played Tommy)is returning to PR?
                I saw the commercial recently. You
                know how before a new series begins, each charactergets his or her own
                commercial? One of them is Tommy
                saying "I helped create them, combining dino DNA with technology." and
                some scenes with the new Zords and the new bad guys (leaving you to
                wonder what it is that he created.) Which is why I say "Or at least
                Jason Frank." Can you see the character Tommy having the smarts to
                create Zords *or* a race of dino-like baddies? Not that he's *dumb,* but
                he's not *that* smart either.
                **** Am not familiar with this ... but dino DNA and technology sounds
                not so far fetched .. lol

                I loved reading about your experiences with thewolves. Do you get to be
                around wolves often? No need
                to worry about writing long, I do it myself sometimesand I can handle
                reading it. I like detail. (So if the
                third experience that you didn't mention was left outdue to length,
                *please* tell me. Though if it's
                something too personal, I won't try and beg you out of
                it.)

                *** Well, it was a combo of lengthiness and sadness. There was a very
                big wolf in a zoo, and he walked right up to me at the fence line (there
                was a moat-type barrier) He looked (again!) right into my eyes and I
                had the most compelling sense to climb the barrier and open the fence.
                I just told this beautiful guy that I couldn't free him ... but that
                someday he would be free, and that I would always think of him with much
                love.

                You saying Ben communicates similar to wolves? What do
                you mean? (And I forgot, is it you who's autistic, or
                the kids, or you *and* them?)

                *** Aside from loving wolves and wolf howls ... Ben often gets on all
                fours and circles .. and makes a howling type of sound (but he calls out
                the letter sound of "e" ..... kind of like "eeeee-ooooooo-eeeeee-oooooo"
                ... very undulating and soulful ... just like a wolf! Plus he is so
                nurturing in ways that many wouldn't understand or see.
                Ben is autistic and nonverbal. My other 2 probably show some very
                slight characteristics .. but I don't want to have them "diagnosed" ....
                they do fine in all respects .... so why get them labeled? I'm just a
                kind of sometimes weird INFP, if we want a label. lol

                I also hate it when wolves are portrayed as evil. I take it personally.
                I'm always rooting for the wolves,
                not those awful humans shooting at them. Notice they often have the
                wolves attacking for no good reason? In
                my experience, attacking for the sheer heck of it is strictly a human
                thing. (I was going to be *very* mad
                about tonight's episode of Inuyasha, but it turns out the attacking
                wolves were under the control of some
                new bad guy. Shh! Nobody tell me what happens!)

                ***** You, again, have such an interesting perspective. You are a
                college student, correct? I can see that your writing style is very
                conversational ... and that's very enjoyable :)

                Oh, and I found those links to the woman's journal.

                http://www.supposedlysane.com/121099.html
                http://www.supposedlysane.com/120903.html

                Those are the ones dealing with her wolf experiences.
                There could be more, I haven't had time to go over the
                whole site. It covers from September '99 to the
                present, so that'll take awhile. I like the way she
                writes, not just about the wolf experiences, but the
                whole thing. She's fun to read. (I *still* don't know
                what I'm going to write to her.)

                ***** Thanks for the links :) She's certainly a character! lol
                Blessings,
                Tink & children.

                "QIM Tunes"
                http://www.geocities.com/qim/qimtunes.html

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • tttime@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 10, 2004
                  Dear Tink,
                  I would probably be classified as an INFP too. A psychologist whom I
                  feel is rather insightful, that I showed a video tape of my interactions with
                  several of my students asked me if I thought that my relationship with the kids
                  had anything to do with the fact that I am a INFP. I don't know???? I am just
                  wondering if others who facilitate or have had similar responses or a special
                  connection with individuals with autism might also be considered INFP.

                  Love and blessings,
                  Mary Ann
                • rustycrisco
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 11, 2004
                    And if it is something, what are all the other types of abbreviatons
                    of people?

                    Rusty

                    --- In autismlist@yahoogroups.com, tttime@a... wrote:
                    > Dear Tink,
                    > I would probably be classified as an INFP too. A psychologist
                    whom I
                    > feel is rather insightful, that I showed a video tape of my
                    interactions with
                    > several of my students asked me if I thought that my relationship
                    with the kids
                    > had anything to do with the fact that I am a INFP. I don't
                    know???? I am just
                    > wondering if others who facilitate or have had similar responses
                    or a special
                    > connection with individuals with autism might also be considered
                    INFP.

                    > Love and blessings,
                    > Mary Ann
                  • Judith Lecuyer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 11, 2004
                      :D

                      You know Mary Ann (tt kitty) :) that is a great question. I would
                      have no idea. I've always been a bit suspect on the whole personality
                      ... temperament testing modalities. But, it's a fairly nice base to
                      work from ... it did help me understand a bit more of the *why* I
                      act/react in certain ways. Any one of those categories I/E N/S T/F
                      P/J can shift and mutate over time and with differing situations. For
                      instance ... in one:one relationships of high trust & comfort ... I can
                      be quite extroverted. With the perceptive/judgment characteristics ...
                      those sometimes shift from year to year or situation to situation.
                      Depends on current mindset, I think. But, I have noticed that the
                      inutitive/feeling characteristics have not ever shifted (to my
                      awareness.)
                      I would be curious as to how many on the autism spectrum have taken the
                      characteristic profile and what they discovered !
                      Ditto: for your question on those who facilitate or feel close affinity
                      with those individuals who are diagnosed as autistic.
                      I liked the Keirsey/Bates book "Please Understand Me."

                      <Rusty Crisco wrote: And if it is something, what are all the other
                      types of abbreviatons
                      of people?

                      Rusty>

                      Rusty ~ I was referring to the personality/character-temperament type
                      that I discovered resting within myself, after taking a profile
                      questionnaire. The one I did was based on the Keirsey/Bates model and
                      their book series called "Please Understand Me." Their profiles were
                      developed from worked originally done by Carl Jung, which were
                      subsequently modified by Isabel Myers. I believe her work became the
                      foundation for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Dr. David Keirsey
                      further modified the profiling into a more "publicly" reachable and
                      understandable version. There are 16 types identified which
                      incorporate our ways of thinking, feeling, perceiving, relating, etc.
                      The first chaper of the Keirsey/Bates book is entitled "Different Drums
                      and Different Drummers" I like that :)

                      Here's a link to an on line version you can take, if anyone would like
                      to do such:

                      http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

                      Here is a link to the Keirsey website, where an abbreviated version can
                      be taken:

                      http://keirsey.com/

                      As in anything ... you've got to take these with a grain of salt; and
                      remember that none of these things can substitute for real intense and
                      honest self-reflection ;)

                      Blessings and have fun!!!!
                      Love,

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 12, 2004
                        >Is that on television?

                        Yeah, it's on ABC Family. Right now, the Myotismon arc
                        should be in full swing. Since I already have every
                        episode on tape, I don't look out for what's going on
                        with it on TV. (It showed on network TV already.)

                        See, while Pokemon is about Ash and the Pokemon League
                        and each episode follows the same formula, Digimon is
                        about seven kids at summer camp who get pulled into
                        the Digital World. Each is partnered with a Digimon,
                        and they're trying to figure out what the heck is
                        going on and get home. (Well, the first season is. The
                        situation's different in season two, and seasons three
                        and four are their own autonomous universes. Three was
                        awesome.) Digimon are as sentient as humans and their
                        vocabulary includes more than their names. A *few*
                        Baby-level Digimon (Digimon have clearly-defined
                        evolutionary stages. Baby, In-Training, Rookie,
                        Champion, Ultimate, Mega.) are down to name-repeating,
                        but not all. Some of my favorite characters are
                        Digimon. Lately, my favorite character is Mercuremon,
                        the leader of a team of villains. Mercuremon speaks in
                        old English and is very dramatic. He's always a
                        scene-stealer. One of the best scenes with him is when
                        the villains first confront the Digidestined (as a
                        team, that is. Grumblemon has been harassing them for
                        a while now. After the loss of the Beast Spirit that
                        lets him digivolve into Gigasmon, the others put the
                        quietus on his random attacks and decided to go after
                        them as one.) And then we have:

                        Grumblemon: (Broken ogre-ish voice) "Good! Whole brat
                        brigade here!"
                        Takuya: "And ready to fight!"
                        Grumblemon: "You better be! Because me bring other
                        Digimon who defeat you! Ranamon..."
                        Ranamon: (Southern accent) "Charmed, Ah'm sure."
                        Grumblemon: "...Arbormon..."
                        Arbormon: (New York gangster accent) "You're in for it
                        now, right!"
                        Grumblemon: "...and lastly, Mercuremon!"
                        Mercuremon: (Deep voice, slight English accent) "So
                        these be the whelps who hast given thee such trouble?
                        Pathetic."
                        Grumblemon: "Well, they tougher than look."
                        Mercuremon: "Verily?" [To Digidestined] "'Twill be
                        utter delight to defeat thee, and to hand Seraphimon
                        another drubbing in Cherubimon's name."
                        Ranamon: "With all these options, Ah don't even know
                        where to staht!"
                        Seraphimon: "Enough of your meaningless taunts! Tell
                        me where Ophanimon is!"
                        Grumblemon: "Me no care about her! Me just want Beast
                        Spirit back! Now give it!"
                        Takuya: "Why don't you come get it, buddy?"
                        JP: "Yeah!"

                        [Evolution scenes, battle. Before it's over,
                        Seraphimon throws Strike of the Seven Stars attack.
                        Mercuremon does this moving-through-his-mirrors thing,
                        pops up in front of Seraphimon, and deflects it back.
                        Down goes Seraphimon, and Merc grabs the data that's
                        given off. But Seraphimon leaves behind an egg that
                        Zoe quickly grabs, and thus begins the whole
                        protecting-the-egg arc with the villains chasing them.
                        They hop on a Trailmon to get away, but we know Merc
                        and company won't be far behind. To be continued.]

                        See, Digimon has some complicated stories, as well as
                        more complex characters, more character development,
                        and each Digimon has his or her own attack that isn't
                        revealed until it's actually used. Instead of all Fire
                        types having Flamethrower and Ember, and all Grass
                        types having Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, and Solar Beam,
                        and all Electric types having Thunder Bolt and Thunder
                        Shock (what's the difference between them, anyway?)
                        you never know who's going to do what until they
                        actually do it. So, Ikkakumon appears for the first
                        time, and takes a shot at Unimon with his Harpoon
                        Torpedo. His horn shoots at Unimon, and another horn
                        grows in its place. He fires four horns in this
                        manner, and they go right above the laughing Unimon...
                        and then they open, revealing missiles, which drop
                        down on him. Or Andromon's chest plate opens and two
                        missiles are fired. They're dropping down on the kids,
                        when Greymon knocks them away with his tail. One
                        explodes... but the other opens, revealing a cannon
                        which starts unleashing bullets! Then, there's
                        Digitamamon's freaky Nightmare Syndrome attacks.
                        (Also, attacks get cooler names. Pokemon gives us
                        Flame Thrower, Water Gun, Scratch, Thrash... the only
                        one that's not too obvious to be cool is Dragon Rage.
                        Digimon, however, you get stuff like Nightmare
                        Syndrome, Sonic Zephyr, Breath of Wyvern, Crimson
                        Curse, Storm of Judgment... and a few named after
                        movies, for some reason, like Double Impact and
                        Silence of Lambs. I don't think I wanna know what
                        Silence of Lambs does.) Of course, Pokemon has better
                        names. Too many Digimon names are simply "mon" stuck
                        on whatever the Digimon is based on. There are some
                        cool names, but there's also Wormmon, Hawkmon,
                        Armadillomon, Parrotmon, Mushroomon, Lynxmon. And a
                        lot of evolutions are "prefix names," like Greymon's
                        evolution line having RedGreymon, MetalGreymon,
                        SkullGreymon, WarGreymon, BlackWarGreymon,
                        BurningGreymon, and EmperorGreymon, or Garurumon
                        having Gururumon, (a slightly darker recolor of
                        Garurumon) WereGarurumon, ShadowWereGarurumon,
                        MetalGarurumon, KendoGarurumon, (who doesn't have
                        hands and therefore can't do kendo. Whose idea was it
                        to name him that? In the games, he's BladeGarurumon,
                        which works much better. Why didn't they keep it for
                        the show?) and MagnaGarurumon. Seadramon,
                        MegaSeadramon, WaruSeadramon, MetalSeadramon,
                        GigaSeadramon, ChaosSeadramon. (No relation to
                        Pokemon's Seadra. Seadra's a seahorse, Seadramon's a
                        snake. However, there's a Seahomon. See what I mean
                        about the names?) Agumon, ClearAgumon, ToyAgumon,
                        ShadowToyAgumon, SnowAgumon, BigAgumon. The list goes
                        on. It's one thing if we're talking about the same
                        Digimon so your characters have to keep their names,
                        but they overdo it sometimes and a new, unrelated
                        character will have the same name as someone totally
                        different whom we haven't seen in ages. Pokemon have
                        those cool double-meaning names, like Misdreavus,
                        Feraligatr, Arcanine, Quagsire, Snorlax, Spearow (and
                        his evolution, Fearow) and so forth.

                        What really makes Pokemon unwatchable to me is the
                        repetitiveness, and the treatment of the Pokemon. The
                        "heroes" go around capturing innocent creatures,
                        brainwashing them (they fight tooth and nail to avoid
                        getting captured, but once captured, you own them
                        forever and they'll do anything under the sun for you,
                        to the death. That says the Pokeball is much more than
                        a handy carrying case.) I wrote a long but (IMO)
                        really good rant on that once. You want to hear it?

                        > Am not familiar with this ... but dino DNA
                        > and technology sounds not so far fetched .. lol

                        Not that, but Tommy being the one to do it. Billy I
                        could see, but not Tommy.

                        >Well, it was a combo of lengthiness and sadness.
                        There
                        >was a very big wolf in a zoo, and he walked right up
                        >me at the fence line (there was a moat-type barrier)
                        >He looked (again!) right into my eyes and I had the
                        most
                        >compelling sense to climb the barrier and open the
                        fence.
                        >I just told this beautiful guy that I couldn't free
                        him ... but
                        >that someday he would be free, and that I would
                        always
                        >think of him with much love.

                        Poor guy. I always feel sorry for zoo animals. You'd
                        think they could switch them out, keep each individual
                        one in the zoo only for a time, then release them and
                        get another, rather than leaving any individual one
                        locked up like a prisoner for the entirety of his or
                        her life. (Then again, I don't know what they do with
                        zoo animals. However, in my experience the path of
                        least resistance {and least expense} is the one most
                        traveled, so why get a new one every month or so when
                        you can just get one?) I don't suppose they'd sell him
                        to you or something?

                        >Aside from loving wolves and wolf howls ... Ben often
                        >gets on all fours and circles .. and makes a howling
                        >type of sound (but he calls out the letter sound of
                        "e"
                        >..... kind of like "eeeee-ooooooo-eeeeee-oooooo" ...
                        very
                        >undulating and soulful ... just like a wolf! Plus he
                        is so
                        >nurturing in ways that many wouldn't understand or
                        see.

                        Aww, he sounds sweet. And I wonder if he might
                        actually be a wolf. I don't know much (okay,
                        *anything*) about Shamanism, [Has been running on
                        fumes for days now, will dig for the post where you
                        mentioned it after getting some sleep.] but I do know
                        in general that a person doesn't have to be what they
                        are physically. I've talked to a few people with
                        multiple personality (It ranks sorta high on the
                        obsession list. I don't know why.) and in addition to
                        people of all ages and both sexes being in the same
                        body, there are animals as well. So can't a singular
                        person also not match the body?

                        >Ben is autistic and nonverbal. My other 2 probably
                        show
                        >some very slight characteristics .. but I don't want
                        to have
                        >them "diagnosed" ... they do fine in all respects
                        .... so why
                        >get them labeled? I'm just a kind of sometimes weird
                        INFP,
                        >if we want a label. lol

                        Ooh, I think INFP is fairly rare (the rarest being
                        INTJ, right?) I'm INTP myself. Most autistic spectrum
                        people, even the ones who are more social, get the I.

                        I never saw the huge problem with labels that a lot of
                        people see, though. Most people who know I have HFA/AS
                        haven't made a big deal of it. I could see not wanting
                        it known if you thought people were going to start
                        seeing the Big, Bad A Word first and the person
                        secondary if at all, though. But I've never had it
                        happen.

                        However, there's no need to go through the time,
                        expense, and frustration of the medical system if it's
                        not actually negatively impacting your life.

                        >You, again, have such an interesting perspective.
                        You are a
                        >college student, correct? I can see that your writing
                        style is very
                        >conversational ... and that's very enjoyable :)

                        Thanks! That means a lot to me. Writing's sort of a
                        gift, it came to me pretty naturally. I can't tell you
                        what a prepositional phrase is or diagram the sentence
                        "I can't diagram a sentence to save my life" to save
                        my life, but I can always use writing to express
                        myself. It's more something I feel than something I
                        learned how to do. I've always loved writing, and I
                        even write to people who live nearby that I could
                        easily call on the phone. (I *suck* at speaking. I can
                        do it, and had no delays learning as far as I know,
                        but I hate to have to and when I do there's more "No,
                        I didn't mean..." than actual communication. Sometimes
                        I can keep it going but it never turns out how I want
                        it to. Any anxiety, however, any at all, like with
                        unfamiliar people or unfamiliar situations or if I'm
                        unsure of what the other person is thinking {in other
                        words, a LOT} and it ain't pretty. Trek fans, think
                        Barclay, then multiply it by five, then take away
                        Deanna Troi. It's not wonderful even with close
                        friends in controlled situations, though. Writing is
                        so much more certain, more precise, and simply better.
                        When I'm writing, it's like the words know what I want
                        them to do and do it, whereas spoken words stay just
                        out of my reach and tease me and laugh at me as I
                        grope blindly for them.)

                        I think that's an aspie thing. A lot of ASD people say
                        they write much better than they talk. And there's a
                        woman on another list I'm on who writes brilliantly
                        (though with great difficulty. The final product is
                        simply awesome, but never accuse her of having an easy
                        time producing it.) but is nonverbal.

                        I'm not currently attending school, though I did go to
                        college for a while. I always hated the writing they
                        had us doing in school, though, for as long as I can
                        remember. You're not allowed enough freedom with the
                        way you use the words. They want *x* paragraphs with
                        *y* sentences per paragraph. There must be as many
                        sentences in the introduction as there are paragraphs
                        in the essay, so sentence one is about paragraph one,
                        etc. Last sentence is the "thesis statement," which
                        must be restated in the last of the conclusion's three
                        paragraphs. Don't forget the MLA citations! That's
                        nowhere near my definition of writing, it takes a lot
                        away from it.

                        >Thanks for the links :) She's certainly a character!
                        lol
                        >Blessings, Tink and children

                        Yeah, she's got a lot of fire. I don't know what it
                        must be like to be that way, but boy, is it fun to
                        read.

                        Another wolf site you might like:

                        http://www.brookeswolfden.cjb.net/

                        However, Brooke's a big fan of graphics and music, so
                        however much loading time you expect a normal page to
                        have, triple it. She's why they invented text browsers.

                      • Judith Lecuyer
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 13, 2004
                          Yeah, it's on ABC Family. Right now, the Myotismon arc
                          should be in full swing. Since I already have every
                          episode on tape, I don't look out for what's going on
                          with it on TV. (It showed on network TV already.)

                          **** Thanks Alan~ I showed this and read some to my oldest son ... he
                          is very excited about watching Digimon. :)

[...]

                          **** LOL .... I read all this dialogue to Orion and he was completely
                          fascinated. Actually, the dialogue sort of reminded me of this list at
                          times ....... ;D

                          [Evolution scenes, battle. Before it's over,
                          Seraphimon throws Strike of the Seven Stars attack.
                          Mercuremon does this moving-through-his-mirrors thing,
                          pops up in front of Seraphimon, and deflects it back.
                          Down goes Seraphimon, and Merc grabs the data that's
                          given off. But Seraphimon leaves behind an egg that
                          Zoe quickly grabs, and thus begins the whole
                          protecting-the-egg arc with the villains chasing them.
                          They hop on a Trailmon to get away, but we know Merc
                          and company won't be far behind. To be continued.]

                          ****** Wow ... you know .... this could mirror the psycho-spiritual
                          struggles of humanity in some ways. Protecting the egg ..... kind of
                          reminded me of protecting & preserving the autistic's rights to be as
                          they choose to be .... and allowing that freedom (as for all of us.) I
                          know this may be stretching a bit ..... HOWEVER! I was reading more
                          of what DARPA does with their attempts to control the atmosphere. That
                          reading led me to the Office of Science, which is a government entity
                          coming under the 'control' of the DARPA. the Office of Science not only
                          funds major genetic experimentation and 'research' .... but carries it
                          out. All under the overall control by the U.S. Department of Energy.
                          Isn't that odd? The DOE .... what are they doing funding genetic
                          research ?

[...]

                          ****** Yes. I cut a little bit out .... just so the reply post wasn't
                          so long ;) My son adores the ones like Squirtle, Arcanine, and
                          Charizard (the dragon types.)

                          What really makes Pokemon unwatchable to me is the repetitiveness, and
                          the treatment of the Pokemon. The "heroes" go around capturing innocent
                          creatures, brainwashing them (they fight tooth and nail to avoid getting
                          captured, but once captured, you own them forever and they'll do
                          anything under the sun for you, to the death.

                          *** I understand .... for my son's age .... the repetitiveness and
                          predictability is comforting and stabilizing. I asked him once if it
                          was 'okay' that the Trainers just go out and "capture" the Pokemons and
                          put them under control. My son said "Mommy, they *want* to be under
                          control." oh! He's only 6 ... and needing certain level of security
                          right now .... he'll figure it out Alan. ;)
                          That says the Pokeball is much more than a handy carrying case.) I wrote
                          a long but (IMO) really good rant on that once. You want to hear it?

                          **** Well, I wouldn't mind at all. The list is pretty quiet. I think
                          you're offering all of us some great insight into you .. and that's
                          wonderful.

                          > Am not familiar with this ... but dino DNA
                          > and technology sounds not so far fetched .. lol

                          Not that, but Tommy being the one to do it. Billy I
                          could see, but not Tommy.

                          **** Oh, I understood ... I was just going on a mind tangent ... sorry !
                          ;)

                          >Well, it was a combo of lengthiness and sadness.
                          There was a very big wolf in a zoo, and he walked right up
                          tome at the fence line (there was a moat-type barrier)
                          >He looked (again!) right into my eyes and I had the
                          mostcompelling sense to climb the barrier and open the
                          fence.I just told this beautiful guy that I couldn't free
                          him ... butthat someday he would be free, and that I would
                          alwaysthink of him with much love.

                          Poor guy. I always feel sorry for zoo animals. You'd
                          think they could switch them out, keep each individual
                          one in the zoo only for a time, then release them and
                          get another, rather than leaving any individual one
                          locked up like a prisoner for the entirety of his or
                          her life. (Then again, I don't know what they do with
                          zoo animals. However, in my experience the path of
                          least resistance {and least expense} is the one most
                          traveled, so why get a new one every month or so when
                          you can just get one?) I don't suppose they'd sell him
                          to you or something?

                          ***** Oh ... I think to acclimate the animals back to their natural
                          habitat would be wonderful;
                          but, I'm sure much too costly. And that's a damn shame. I know that
                          zoos give many people the
                          opportunity to 'interact' with nature that they normally would never
                          have the chance to
                          do otherwise; but, it seems there should be a better way.
                          I wouldn't really want to own a wolf ..... i just don't think that's
                          correct... but it's just my
                          opinion. Unless it was a habitat for the ones who were able to be
                          released from captivity. That
                          would be very cool. But, way beyond my capabilities!

                          ***** I don't doubt too much these days ;)

                          I don't know much (okay, *anything*) about Shamanism, [Has been running
                          on
                          fumes for days now, will dig for the post where youmentioned it after
                          getting some sleep.] but I do know
                          in general that a person doesn't have to be what they
                          are physically. I've talked to a few people withmultiple personality (It
                          ranks sorta high on the
                          obsession list. I don't know why.) and in addition topeople of all ages
                          and both sexes being in the same
                          body, there are animals as well. So can't a singular person also not
                          match the body?

                          ***** I don't know why not! (don't be concerned about posting ....
                          get to it when you can ... take care of
                          your needs #1 !!)

                          >Ben is autistic and nonverbal. My other 2 probably
                          show>some very slight characteristics .. but I don't want
                          to have>them "diagnosed" ... they do fine in all respects
                          .... so why>get them labeled? I'm just a kind of sometimes weird
                          INFP,>if we want a label. lol

                          Ooh, I think INFP is fairly rare (the rarest being
                          INTJ, right?) I'm INTP myself. Most autistic spectrum
                          people, even the ones who are more social, get the I.

                          **** I'm not sure Alan. I'd have to go look it up. :D
                          I will post for you the percentages of the types if you'd like.

                          I never saw the huge problem with labels that a lot of
                          people see, though. Most people who know I have HFA/AS
                          haven't made a big deal of it. I could see not wanting
                          it known if you thought people were going to start
                          seeing the Big, Bad A Word first and the person
                          secondary if at all, though. But I've never had it
                          happen.

                          ***** This is really heartening. So many of our friends here have had
                          despicable lack of regard for their simple humanity. Were your parents
                          very
                          open and supportive?

                          However, there's no need to go through the time,
                          expense, and frustration of the medical system if it's
                          not actually negatively impacting your life.
                          **** That's pretty much where I'm at with it .... I hope I'm making the
                          right decision ... time
                          will tell !

                          >You, again, have such an interesting perspective.
                          You are a>college student, correct? I can see that your writing
                          style is veryconversational ... and that's very enjoyable :)

                          Thanks! That means a lot to me. Writing's sort of a
                          gift, it came to me pretty naturally. I can't tell you
                          what a prepositional phrase is or diagram the sentence
                          "I can't diagram a sentence to save my life" to save
                          my life, but I can always use writing to express
                          myself. It's more something I feel than something I
                          learned how to do. I've always loved writing, and I
                          even write to people who live nearby that I could
                          easily call on the phone. (I *suck* at speaking. I can
                          do it, and had no delays learning as far as I know,
                          but I hate to have to and when I do there's more "No,
                          I didn't mean..." than actual communication. Sometimes
                          I can keep it going but it never turns out how I want
                          it to. Any anxiety, however, any at all, like with
                          unfamiliar people or unfamiliar situations or if I'm
                          unsure of what the other person is thinking {in other
                          words, a LOT} and it ain't pretty. Trek fans, think
                          Barclay, then multiply it by five, then take away
                          Deanna Troi. It's not wonderful even with close
                          friends in controlled situations, though. Writing is
                          so much more certain, more precise, and simply better.

                          When I'm writing, it's like the words know what I want
                          them to do and do it, whereas spoken words stay just
                          out of my reach and tease me and laugh at me as I
                          grope blindly for them.)

                          ***** Alan! !!!!! This is so descriptive! It's like the tongue and
                          vocal
                          cords take on a life of their and just will *not* cooperate!

                          **** I've read this and heard this too.

                          And there's awoman on another list I'm on who writes brilliantly
                          (though with great difficulty. The final product is
                          simply awesome, but never accuse her of having an easy
                          time producing it.) but is nonverbal.

                          I'm not currently attending school, though I did go to
                          college for a while. I always hated the writing they
                          had us doing in school, though, for as long as I can
                          remember. You're not allowed enough freedom with the
                          way you use the words. They want *x* paragraphs with
                          *y* sentences per paragraph. There must be as many
                          sentences in the introduction as there are paragraphs
                          in the essay, so sentence one is about paragraph one,
                          etc. Last sentence is the "thesis statement," which
                          must be restated in the last of the conclusion's three paragraphs. Don't
                          forget the MLA citations! That's nowhere near my definition of writing,
                          it takes a lot away from it.

                          ***** Yep. That structure and discipline is fine if you want to teach
                          writing or write research .... it's good to have
                          the basics, I feel .... but for creative writing .... I dunno ;)

                          Another wolf site you might like:

                          http://www.brookeswolfden.cjb.net/

                          However, Brooke's a big fan of graphics and music, so
                          however much loading time you expect a normal page to
                          have, triple it. She's why they invented text browsers.

                          *** lol I'm sure she'd be happy to know. lol