Re: [Autismlist] Re: well done (was What is FC?)

  • Charlene Brandl
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 1, 2003
      Oh, Gail,

      Yes, this is my hope and my dream --- at least my latest dream :-)

      With all the positive publicity surrounding Tito and his remarkable mother, I
      do hope more and more people will see the potential that all kids with autism
      (and related disabilities) have. Tito is NOT the exception, I have seen far
      too many kids with similar abilities.

      My style is much more low-key than Soma's, and I have great concerns about
      all the sensory issues involved. But I do believe that every child can be
      reached, that every child can learn, and that communication is the key. I
      also believe a huge amount of patient persistence (such as Soma exhibits) is
      necessary to success.

      FC has opened the door for many, but just as many doors have been slammed
      shut because of all the silly controversy.

      Please keep us posted, and let me know if I can help in any way.

      Char