Re: [australianherps] Re:Spider kills snake

  • tye purnell
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2008
      i have also found a juvanile eastern brown also stuck in a red back's web under the legs of a chair at the dining table. this was on the family property just outside of coonabarabran, was still alive and had also taken a bite. i took the little guy out and set up an enclosure for him. the bite healed over, got a feed into him and let him go about 6 weeks later.

      moa <rmoag@...> wrote:
      Yep I have seen two juvanile eastern brown snakes under a table two feet off the floor in a red back spider web ,one nearly sucked dry & the other to be next , both dead, in a weekend cabin of ours near dubbo N.S.W, three others alive & released out the door, Tony M

    • stephanie wagner
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2008
        We have a simular spider over here in U.S called the black widow. I have never seen it with something that large in her web but,they are a very shy spider,with a nasty bite though
        steph

        moa <rmoag@...> wrote:
        Yep I have seen two juvanile eastern brown snakes under a table two feet off the floor in a red back spider web ,one nearly sucked dry & the other to be next , both dead, in a weekend cabin of ours near dubbo N.S.W, three others alive & released out the door, Tony M

      • Tyran Justen