Help need re: Stumpy Tail.

  • John Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 1999
      I have a young stumpy tail who has recently gone off his food. He also is displaying the following symptoms:

      Salivating (slightly)
      Keeping head in an upright position (holding neck up)
      Sticking his tongue slightly out of his mouth at times.

      I am force feeding him small amounts of calcium enriched foods at the moment, but he is not too happy about it. Does anyone know of any disease/affliction that causes these symptoms in stumpy tails, and is there a cure?

      Regards,

      David Waghorn
      snakelover@...
    • Andrew Walker
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 1999
        At 07:21 PM 8/6/99 +0930, you wrote:
        > He also is displaying the following symptoms: Salivating
        >(slightly) Keeping head in an upright position (holding neck up) Sticking
        >his tongue slightly out of his mouth at times. Does anyone know of any
        > disease/affliction that causes these symptoms in stumpy tails, and is
        >there a cure? Regards, David Waghorn snakelover@...

        Salivating - excess mucous in the mouth.
        Head Up - having trouble breathing due to presence of mucous, trying to
        clear nostils by tilting head.
        Tongue Out - breathing through mouth due to nostrils blocked.

        I think it may have a respitory infection - a "cold". Take it to a vet,
        antibiotic
        "Baytril" may cure it with more heat.
        Andrew