Re: Snake Ranch

  • somersbyarp
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
      Stevo,

      Yes, I have become aware of some of the theorizing; it seems people who
      I've never met suddenly know more about my personal and business
      activities than I do! I regret the level of speculation that has
      exploded in the past few days, and what has taken the form of a virtual
      investigation.

      However, it has been my painful experience that responding to requests
      for information from anonymous sources (especially internet discussion
      groups such as Australianherps – which I support) about my personal or
      business activities is an inherently bad idea. Ask me anything you like
      about snakes, and I'll do my best to answer!

      I have written a piece for the excellent magazine `Reptiles Australia'
      on the subject, and assuming it is accepted for publication, it will
      hopefully be an interesting piece, and may well answer all of your
      questions.

      BTW our `Ranger Jacky' will make her debut as a television presenter
      next Friday night on `Our Place' on Channel 9. This is the replacement
      show for Bourke's Back Yard, but is live TV, so anything goes.

      Best wishes,
      John Weigel

      --- In australianherps@yahoogroups.com, "sheerfrantic"
      <stevo_meats1@o...> wrote:

      > There has been alot of talk about a new venture of a "mass breeding
      > facility" in Australia. Most probably most is rumour and innuendo but
      > the rumours say that John Weigal and partners will be starting a
      snake
      > ranch soon. I just thought that as he has posted in this group on
      > occasions maybe John would like to inform the herp community of his
      > plans for the venture. He is under no obligation to inform us of
      > course but it would have to be a good idea , as it will be the herp
      > community which will make up most of his customer base. What I am
      > wondering is on what scale and how wide a range of herps he will be
      > breeding. I am certainly not against the idea but I'm curious and
      hope
      > John would like to share with us his plans.
      >
      > Cheers Stevo
    • Brodie Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        People who are low enough too spread these rumours are not worth listening
        too. Id much rather have Jehovas witnesses come and knock on my door than
        listen too internet rumours. Its none of our business what John or anyone
        else in this community does.

        So give it a rest until Johns article. Just my opinion.

        Cheers,

        Brodie Wilson

        >From: "Secret Squirrel" <serpentsnacks@...>
        >To: <australianherps@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [australianherps] Snake Ranch
        >Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:42:49 +1000
        >

        >I agree with you stevo,
        >
        >It would be good for John at this point to put a few rumours to bed, it's
        >already out of hand on some sites abd I think it's only going to get
        >worse... I have no problem with this venture, I'm just sick of the
        >constant stream of rumours/paranoia/accusations floating around (ridiculous
        >rumours like over 200 breeding age childreni to flood the market etc) ...
        >in the end it will eventually become public knowledge anyway.....
        >
        >C'mon John,
        >enlighten us (don't alienate us)
        >
        >SS

      • Secret Squirrel
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          geeze brodie,

          you usually gobble up rumors on irc everynight lol

          Shane :P

          People who are low enough too spread these rumours are not worth listening
          too. Id much rather have Jehovas witnesses come and knock on my door than
          listen too internet rumours. Its none of our business what John or anyone
          else in this community does.

          So give it a rest until Johns article. Just my opinion.

          Cheers,

          Brodie Wilson

          >From: "Secret Squirrel" <serpentsnacks@...>
          >To: <australianherps@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [australianherps] Snake Ranch
          >Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:42:49 +1000
          >

          >I agree with you stevo,
          >
          >It would be good for John at this point to put a few rumours to bed, it's
          >already out of hand on some sites abd I think it's only going to get
          >worse... I have no problem with this venture, I'm just sick of the
          >constant stream of rumours/paranoia/accusations floating around (ridiculous
          >rumours like over 200 breeding age childreni to flood the market etc) ...
          >in the end it will eventually become public knowledge anyway.....
          >
          >C'mon John,
          >enlighten us (don't alienate us)
          >
          >SS

        • sheerfrantic
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
            That might be true S.S but he wants a job at ARP lmao

            --- In australianherps@yahoogroups.com, "Secret Squirrel"
            <serpentsnacks@y...> wrote:

            > geeze brodie,
            >
            > you usually gobble up rumors on irc everynight lol
            >
            > Shane :P

            Terms of
            > >Service.

            of Service.

          • Brodie Wilson
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
              Shane,

              *[Edited by Moderator]*

              And no job at ARP for me, off too University next year to do my degree in
              ecology.

              Cheers