Re: Incubating Cricket Eggs

  • tereza_tantar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
      Hi there Mat,

      that will work but there are easier ways of breeding crickets. You
      could place the cricket egg containers on top of the heated end of a
      reptile box. This way you are using a heat source that otherwise
      would have been wasted and you don't need to construct anything. If
      you do not have any reptile boxes, you could put a heat mat inside
      the esky then place a stand of some sort onto the heat matt (perhaps
      small pieces of styrofoam to prevent the container from the direct
      heat) and then place the container on top of that. How are you
      heating your crickets?

      I never tried small scale cricket breeding because to do it properly
      it would be an absolute nightmare and would not be productive enough
      considering the ammount of time spent and space needed. My
      experience was in mass cricket production and only then you can
      productivly breed crickets. By mass production I ment a room full of
      them.

      Cockroaches get the thumbs up from me. An untrained monkey could
      look after them. They are prolific breeders, great source of
      nutrition, can go without food for a long time, do not smell, have a
      very low mortality rate (unlike crickets)and do not make any noise.
      It is the ultimate reptile feed for the 21st century.

      If you would like to know how to breed them, I can help you.

      All the best.
      Tereza

      --- In australianherps@yahoogroups.com, "mat_cruisn"
      <mat_cruisn@y...> wrote:

      > To anyone out there breeding crickets, please help.
      >
      > I need to set up some type of incubator for cricket eggs.
      >
      > I have looked into placing a fan and some lights into an eski.
      Will
      > this work?
      >
      > Any other suggestions?
      >
      > Mat
    • Mathew Crehan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
        Tereza,

        What you are proposing i do is currently what is going on- that is a mat inside a box with foam on top. The prob is that i am turning over far more eggs and no space in the tub.

        I have started doing the roaches also- but they are not working as well as i had of thought. How do you go about this? Be as detailed as you can please.

        Regards
        Mat

        tereza_tantar <ttantar@...> wrote:Hi there Mat,

        wrote:

        > To anyone out there breeding crickets, please help.
        >
        > I need to set up some type of incubator for cricket eggs.
        >
        > I have looked into placing a fan and some lights into an eski.
        Will
        > this work?
        >
        > Any other suggestions?
        >
        > Mat