Re: Interesting Amnesty news

  • nobojono
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
      lol i cant believe some1 took the time to write that, and post it.
      nice one. try to be a bit less opbvious next time...

      april bloody fools

      --- In australianherps@yahoogroups.com, "patferg" <patferg@b...>
      wrote:
      > Where are the reptiles at Werribee Open Range Zoo. I was there a
      few weeks
      > ago and they didn't have any there then. Or maybe they were
      hiding them.

      > Regards
      >
      > Pat

      Melbourne
      > Zoo keeper Zoe Ramredos.
      >
      > Perth zoo head reptile curator, Stanton Philips, says
      that "venomous exotic
      > reptiles are just too dangerous. Australian medical services don't
      have the
      > know how or the resources to deal with bites from these species.
      We were
      > originally just going to hand in our hot (venomous) exotics, but
      then
      > decided to standardise and hand them all in."
      >
      > Other zoos that are taking part in the amnesty include Sydney's
      Taronga Zoo,
      > Victoria's Werribee Open Range Zoo, and the Territory Wildlife
      Park.

      > The national amnesty is being run until May 24. More information
      can be
      > obtained from the amnesty hotline: 1800 684 447.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2004
        Now what's the date again, oh yes I see :-)
        Ashley

        From:
        <http://www.reptilesdownunder.com/news/index.php?recordID=101>

        ---
        Zoos to hand in exotics under amnesty

        Just days after the federal government announced a national exotic reptile
        amnesty, where holders of illegal exotic reptiles can hand them in to