Re Diamond Python

  • J D'Andrea
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      From: Al Smedley
      >Hi All
      >I am looking after an adult diamond python wihich has
      >developed a reddish tinge to its creamy white ventral
      >scales.
      >Is this OK? If not does anybody know what it is and
      >what to do about it.

      This could be a pre shed symptom.
      Both my A. stimsoni have pink underbellies just before
      a shed, and it clears up as soon as they have finished.

      It could also be a problem with damp though.
      Are the snake's eyes white or blue or have they just
      been white or blue?

      Cheers
      Jean
    • nath_reptile
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2003
        Hey Al, I have a 3 year old coastal that got that pink tinge on his
        underbelly,it lasted for a week or more, i for the life of me did not
        have a clue of what it could be, i asked many herpers but no-one
        seemed to know exactly what it was, i have a few ideas though.
        Have you taken him outside lately? i had taken mine out onto the
        grass and i think he either had a reaction to this, or got more uv
        than he was used to, also i had just changed my uv light in the
        vivarium to a larger one with more uv.
        I also got told that he may have been coiling in tighter than he
        normally did, causing the pinkness. Above all nothing ever came of
        it, it just went away.
        Hope i've eased your mind
        Nath