RE: [australianherps] Re: NSW Herp Society members all invited to annual Christmas BBQ

  • Matthew Bonnett
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi Mado,
      They actually brought out a Green Tree Python for one of their displays last
      time I was at the park, earlier this year.
      Matt

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
        Last time I was there the display consisted of a large King Brown, Snapping
        Turtle, Alligator, Death Adder, Boa, Olive Python, Blue Tongue Skink,
        Shingleback, several Pythons from the Children's group and a couple I can't
        remember (turtles I think)
        Click on the link below for pictures.
        http://sthcoastherpsociety.bizland.com/myphotos.chtml

        Cheers Jeff.
        .
        Ben,
        Sorry to disappoint u but chances of bringing out a green or
        blackheaded (let alone both) for the demo are less than 0%. They only
        have one green and that is on display so they wont take that out to
        the demo and they only have two blackheadeds. One on display(i think)
        and another one that really doesnt like being handled at all(which i
        found out, didnt get bitten tho).
        Pythons used in demo are spotteds, diamonds, olives. Neva heard or
        saw a ball python used in demo. May even bring out a boa (which are
        damn heavy).
        Incase ur wondering i volunteer there.
        MADO

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Matthew O'Brien with "Lighting and its use in Herpetology" was the winner
        of the competition sponsored by Ultimate Reptile Suppliers
        ( http://reptile.senet.com.au )

      • herpmado@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
          Thats very odd, was there lots of people there??? if so then maybe
          they might have done it for a nice change but seeing as there is only
          one and its on display i would have thought not. guess i was wrong.
          sorry.
          Mado