New poll for austin_browncoats

  • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 26 , May 4, 2005
      austin_browncoats group:

      When did you start watching Firefly?

      o When it first aired on tv...
      o When I heard how good it was from my friends...
      o When I heard it was cancelled...
      o The DVDs were shoved into my hands by some gorram maniac
      o Hey, I thought this was an entomology poll...

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 26 , May 4, 2005
        austin_browncoats group:

        In a perfect world, what would be the future of Firefly?

        o They should keep making movies... Star Trek is so over!
        o They should move to the SciFi Channel... heck, SciFiUK is already running episodes!
        o They should go back to FOX... after the execs have cried and prostrated themselves before Joss, o'course
        o Dude... a dude ranch! With, like, a Haunted Reaver ride...
        o Whatever Joss wants...

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 22, 2005
          austin_browncoats group:

          Which Firefly character is most like you?

          o Mal
          o Zoe
          o Wash
          o Jayne
          o Inara
          o Book
          o Simon
          o River
          o Serenity
          o "Saffron"

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 21, 2005
            austin_browncoats group:

            On the first night of the Shindig, Friday, August 5,
            hopefully, we'll all be gathered in the SpiderHouse back
            yard for the Shindig Meet n Greet.. What should we do while
            we're back there?

            o Watch two episodes of Firefly. (email me your favorite episodes)
            o Play trivia games. (one of you will have to come up with it)
            o Mix and mingle.
            o Have a costume contest. (It'll probably be way too hot for most Ff costumes.)
            o Have a T-Shirt design contest, with Serenity comics as the prizes.
            o Other. (email me your suggestions)

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 26 , May 3, 2006
              austin_browncoats group:

              OK, so we've got Opal Divine's and Spiderhouse on the table, with the possibility of episode airings at Spiderhouse. Let's nail this down, y'all... first Sunday's coming up fast!

              o All in favor of Opal Divine's...
              o Spiderhouse rocks!
              o How's about Slick Willie's? I kick butt at foosball...
              o Zilker... we won't but kiss the dirt
              o I'm bored... let's pick a new place every month!

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • jrandalh2000
              Message 6 of 26 , May 3, 2006
                Although my vote was for Opal Divine's, most any place would still
                suit me. Not real crazy about Zilker, though, as I prefer a place to
                stay out of the heat and get something to drink....
              • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 5, 2006
                  austin_browncoats group:

                  What would you like to see as the Austin Browncoats Motto?

                  o Don't Mess with Browncoats
                  o Don't Mess With Texas Browncoats
                  o Keep Austin Flying
                  o Keep Austin Shiny
                  o Keep the Verse Weird

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!
                • James Hall
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 5, 2006
                    I thought we had some great suggestions, so I created a poll in our
                    group. It lets you vote for more than one choice and it closes in 2
                    weeks. That gives enough time to decide on a motto and get a Shirt
                    or two made before the next First Sunday of the month event at
                    Spiderhouse.

                    - James

                    --- In austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com,
                    austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                    > austin_browncoats group:
                    >
                    > What would you like to see as the Austin Browncoats Motto?
                    >
                    > o Don't Mess with Browncoats
                    > o Don't Mess With Texas Browncoats
                    > o Keep Austin Flying
                    > o Keep Austin Shiny
                    > o Keep the Verse Weird

                    > web site listed above.
                    >
                    > Thanks!

                  • sarahbethtexas
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 5, 2006
                      Cool idea! GOOOOO "Keep Austin Shiny"!!! WHOOO! O I remember that
                      people were talking about creating a logo so I've been drawing up a
                      few. There are a couple different logos just incase people hate one
                      or the other. They're all on paper so I have to convert them to
                      something on the computer, but once that's done do you want it just
                      to be posted on here? Or am I not supose to be working on a logo?
                      lol Just trying to help! :)

                      --- In austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com, "James Hall"
                      <james2fun@...> wrote:

                      > I thought we had some great suggestions, so I created a poll in
                      our
                      > group. It lets you vote for more than one choice and it closes in
                      2
                      > weeks. That gives enough time to decide on a motto and get a
                      Shirt
                      > or two made before the next First Sunday of the month event at
                      > Spiderhouse.
                      >
                      > - James
                      >
                      > --- In austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com,
                      > austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                      > > austin_browncoats group:
                      > >
                      > > What would you like to see as the Austin Browncoats Motto?
                      > >
                      > > o Don't Mess with Browncoats
                      > > o Don't Mess With Texas Browncoats
                      > > o Keep Austin Flying
                      > > o Keep Austin Shiny
                      > > o Keep the Verse Weird

                      id=1628515

                      > > not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo!
                      Groups
                      > > web site listed above.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks!

                    • James Hall
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 5, 2006
                        Hi Sarah,

                        The "Keep Austin Shiny" motto is pulling ahead in the poll. It's one
                        of my favorites as well. Post some design pics if you sketched
                        something up. It won't hurt anything if you want to make some
                        prototypes pics of that motto or other mottos and logos to give people
                        some context of what it might look like.

                        - James
                      • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
                          austin_browncoats group:

                          Which would you rather see at Spiderhouse this Sunday?

                          o Lets watch the new "Done the Impossible" Documentary
                          o Lets watch the episode "Bushwacked"
                          o Somebody pick for me, I can't stand the pressure!

                          web site listed above.

                          Thanks!
                        • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                          Message 12 of 26 , Aug 4, 2006
                            austin_browncoats group:

                            The official motto based on poll was "Keep Austin Shiney"

                            Veiw the Logo's in the PHOTO section

                            Which logo would you like to see as the official Austin browncoat logo.

                            o KeepAustinShinyLogo1
                            o KeepAustinShinyLogo2
                            o KeepAustinShinyLogo3
                            o KeepAustinShinyLogo4
                            o KeepAustinShinyLogo5

                            web site listed above.

                            Thanks!
                          • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jun 16, 2007
                              austin_browncoats group:

                              I am making an Austin Browncoats Domain for my Austin's CSTS website - and to host information about other charities we are support - so:

                              which domain do you like better?

                              o atxbrowncoats.com
                              o austinbrowncoats.com

                              web site listed above.

                              Thanks!
                            • Beth Nelson
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jun 17, 2007
                                austinbrowncoats.com it is!

                                Thanks!

                                --- In austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com,
                                austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                > austin_browncoats group:
                                >
                                > I am making an Austin Browncoats Domain for my Austin's CSTS
                                website - and to host information about other charities we are
                                support - so:

                                > which domain do you like better?
                                >
                                > o atxbrowncoats.com
                                > o austinbrowncoats.com

                                > web site listed above.
                                >
                                > Thanks!

                              • Courtland Crocker
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jun 17, 2007

                                  I agree!  austinbrowncoats.com it is!

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jun 25, 2007
                                    austin_browncoats group:

                                    Who was able to make it on June 23rd to Austin's CSTS Event?

                                    o I went to the Triple Feature!
                                    o I went to 1 or 2 of the events, but not the Triple Feature
                                    o I couldn't make it. And now I am super sad. But I'll go next year!
                                    o ....Austin's CST....what?

                                    web site listed above.

                                    Thanks!
                                  • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 19, 2007
                                      austin_browncoats group:

                                      What day would be best for our first August shindig event?

                                      Event not decided on yet - we'll poll for that after we decide on a date.

                                      o August 3rd, Friday
                                      o August 6th, Monday
                                      o August 7th, Tuesday
                                      o August 9th, Thursday
                                      o August 10th, Friday

                                      web site listed above.

                                      Thanks!
                                    • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Aug 2, 2007
                                        austin_browncoats group:

                                        Are you coming to Opal Divines tomorrow at 6pm?

                                        (Friday, August 3rd, 6PM)

                                        o Yes
                                        o No
                                        o Maybe

                                        web site listed above.

                                        Thanks!
                                      • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Aug 19, 2007
                                          austin_browncoats group:

                                          What day do you want to go to the Texas Ren Fest? (TRF)?

                                          o Oct 27th
                                          o Oct 28th
                                          o Nov 3rd
                                          o Nov 4th
                                          o Nov 10th
                                          o Nov 11th

                                          web site listed above.

                                          Thanks!
                                        • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Sep 4, 2007
                                            austin_browncoats group:

                                            Who is going to our September Shindig?
                                            Sept. 14th, 8PM
                                            Beth's House
                                            Joss Cameo Night and Potluck

                                            o Me, me, me!
                                            o Maybe! Hopefully!
                                            o Grr! Argh! I can't make it!

                                            web site listed above.

                                            Thanks!
                                          • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Sep 7, 2007
                                              austin_browncoats group:

                                              Are you going to Renaissance on the 27th? Do you want to camp or stay at the La Quinta?

                                              o Yes, Camping
                                              o Yes, La Quinta
                                              o Maybe
                                              o No

                                              web site listed above.

                                              Thanks!
                                            • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Oct 2, 2007
                                                austin_browncoats group:

                                                Who is coming to our Halloween Shindig, Oct 29th, starting at 8PM - Becky's House?

                                                o No power in the 'verse can stop me!
                                                o ...hopefully... I might be able to make it.
                                                o ...except for Reavers. Reavers got me...so I can't make it.

                                                web site listed above.

                                                Thanks!
                                              • bowlwoman
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Oct 2, 2007
                                                  If I don't make it, then the rest of you aren't either. :D

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Oct 11, 2007
                                                    austin_browncoats group:

                                                    Are you coming to the Browncoat social event of the season- Geekstravaganza?
                                                    October 21, 5-10pm, Stubb's Downstairs Stage!
                                                    www.geekstravaganza.com

                                                    o What? Why are you even asking? Of course I'm coming!
                                                    o Wild horses couldn't keep me away, but it just so happens that wild horses are currently circling my house, so actually- let me get back to you on that.
                                                    o No, but only becuase I'm in jail.

                                                    web site listed above.

                                                    Thanks!
                                                  • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                                                      austin_browncoats group:

                                                      What do you think about Dollhouse? (From what we've all read so far)

                                                      o I'm super excited - doing the Dance of Joy!
                                                      o I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe Fox'll get it right this time.
                                                      o I'm disappointed that Joss and Tim are going to work with Fox again. Didn't Tim learn anything from Drive?
                                                      o Dollhouse isn't even on my radar.
                                                      o Other - comment on forums with your opinions about Dollhouse.

                                                      web site listed above.

                                                      Thanks!
                                                    • austin_browncoats@yahoogroups.com
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Dec 1, 2007
                                                        austin_browncoats group:

                                                        What should be our Holiday Shindig theme?

                                                        o Horrifying Holiday Sweaters
                                                        o Naughty or Nice (good vs evil theme)
                                                        o Holidays Around the World

                                                        web site listed above.