COMMERICIAL: 1913 Logging and Mining CD now available

  • Darryl Huffman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 12:40 AM
      This is a one time new product announcement.

      I found an immaculate copy of Lidgerwood's 1913 Hoisting Engines
      Catalog
      which I have converted to a CD.

      The catalog contains beautiful photos and drawings of the equipment
      but also
      provides explanations about the use of each.

      While many of us think of Lidgerwood as making mainly logging
      equipment,
      this catalog also covers mining hoists and engines, horizontal
      boilers,
      overhead cableways,
      excavators, cranes and hoists for loading and unloading ships.

      What I especially enjoyed was the description of how each major piece
      of
      equipment would be used.

      Great information for any potential buyer 100 years ago but equally
      important for those of us today
      who are trying to have the utmost in accuracy in our models.

      This beautifully preserved catalog is 188 pages long. Each page was
      scanned, resized, cleaned up digitally and the brightness and contrast
      enhanced for displaying on your computer or printing out the pages.

      You can print out any pages you want for taking to your workbench or
      you can
      print out all the pages and take them to Kinko's to have bound for a
      few
      dollars.

      Each page was scanned at 300 dpi and converted to Adobe PDF format so
      that
      you can easily scroll through the pages on your computer or you can
      print
      them out as you like.

      The CD will come in an attractive cover instead of just a jewel
      case. The
      CDs will be shipped in a hard box instead of a manila envelope for
      safety.

      Price is $15 plus $5 shipping to anywhere in the US or Canada.
      Shipping to
      all other countries is $10. Domestic shipments will be shipped by
      1st Class
      Mail and all foreign shipments will be by Air.

      The CDs are now in stock and ready to mail tomorrow morning.

      Your personal check is preferred and I will ship to all group members
      immediately without waiting for your checks to arrive and clear.
      Just email
      your mailing address to me at: dlhuffman@...

      If you prefer the convenience of paying with Paypal, then the above
      email
      address is the address to use.

      Or, if you prefer, I can send you a Paypal invoice.

      Please contact me off list rather than through the group.

      You can see a few photos from the CD at this URL:

      http://darrylhuffman.50megs.com/whats_new_2.html

      Darryl Huffman
      12020 Old Seward Highway
      Anchorage, AK 99515