Ian Lindsay Models

  • John Dennis
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
      All,

      This notice was posted to aus.rail.models a couple of days ago. I
      thought it should be promulgated further amongst those who make use of
      Ian Lindsay kits:

      "Regrettably, due to ill health, Ian Storrie (of Ian Lindsay Models)
      has been forced to wind-down his casting work. We wish him improving
      health, and hope that the future might allow a full return to his very
      popular business."

      John

      John Dennis jdennis@...
      Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
      and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
      Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optushome.com.au/duttonbay
      WebX http://members.optushome.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html
    • Rick White
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
        John :

        Yes ... sad news indeed.
        We sure need the products that Ian makes and they have received
        critical acclaim from the US modellers as well.

        Let's all hope that he recovers soon.

        Rick White
        Wollongong NSW

        --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, John Dennis <jdennis@a...>
        wrote:
        > All,
        >
        > This notice was posted to aus.rail.models a couple of days ago. I
        > thought it should be promulgated further amongst those who make
        use of
        > Ian Lindsay kits:
        >
        > "Regrettably, due to ill health, Ian Storrie (of Ian Lindsay
        Models)
        > has been forced to wind-down his casting work. We wish him
        improving
        > health, and hope that the future might allow a full return to his
        very
        > popular business."

      • Mario Rapinett
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2006
          For sale 3 kits HO scale.
          untouched by human hands and sealed in original packets.
          Puffing Billy Rolling stock
          NC.... NQR..... NU

          $55.00 posted in Oz

          Contact by email or phone 03 9730-1211

          Mario
        • Mario Rapinett
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23, 2006
            Kits have been SOLD....
            thanks to the moderator for allowing the sale of private goods

            regards

            "M"

            > For sale 3 kits HO scale.
            > untouched by human hands and sealed in original packets.
            > Puffing Billy Rolling stock
            > NC.... NQR..... NU
          • Andrew Collier
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 12, 2008
              Hi All,

              I have heard rumours on this before, however during a purchase from
              Ian this week he has mentioned he would be closing in a few weeks, and
              while he may do occasional casting, it may possibly be for good as his
              health precludes further casting so he will be changing jobs.
              Presumably stock may be available for a little while after.

              Just thought I would mention it given the range of NG items he sells -
              even though some are On30....... :^)

              Website is at: http://www.ianlindsaymodels.com/

              It would'nt be right to write this without noting his significant
              contribution to Australian modelling over many years, and the quality
              of his castings. In my own small case, his portable building served at
              both Cudgewa and Shelley prior to build of prototypes, and will be re-
              used again somewhere.

              Cheers, Andrew