SPUD for DCC

  • Frank Savery
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      G'Day All,
      I wonder, is it just a poroduct of my fevered senile imagination
      or did I really see,
      a magazine article or website giving details of how to rewire a SPUD or Black Beetle for DCC ?

      If any kind soul knows where, could they please turn me around three times and point me in the right direction ?

      Ta muchely,

      Frank Savery,
      Chief Engineer and sweeper-upperer,
      King Island Tramway
    • Marcus Ammann
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi Frank

        I have wired a Steam Era's Black Beetle for DCC in HO, that I did to
        re-motor a Bergs 19. You guys probably would not approve, but the 19 now
        works and sometimes, large compromises have to be made, it is not a show
        piece but if you can see what's missing, you're too close. See my photo
        in AMRM June 05 issue.

        Would some details on how I did it, do. I am sure in HO they are just
        smaller than what you 7 mm guys have. If you like, I could write some
        instructions and take a few photos.

        Marcus

        I wonder, is it just a poroduct of my fevered senile imagination
        or did I really see,
        a magazine article or website giving details of how to rewire a SPUD or
        Black Beetle for DCC ?

        If any kind soul knows where, could they please turn me around three
        times and point me in the right direction ?

        Ta muchely,

        Frank Savery,
        Chief Engineer and sweeper-upperer,
        King Island Tramway

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Frank Savery
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          Really handy Ifd you could, Marcus.
          > I have wired a Steam Era's Black Beetle for DCC in HO, that I did to
          > re-motor a Bergs 19. You guys probably would not approve, but the 19 now
          > works and sometimes, large compromises have to be made, it is not a show
          > piece but if you can see what's missing, you're too close. See my photo
          > in AMRM June 05 issue.
          >
          > Would some details on how I did it, do. I am sure in HO they are just
          > smaller than what you 7 mm guys have. If you like, I could write some
          > instructions and take a few photos.
          >
          > Marcus

        • bidenspilosa
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
            Hello Frank,

            I have a pdf on the conversion of spuds for DCC. Can email a copy if
            you wish. Very basic instructions are also in with the black beetle .

            Regards,
            Kerry Hancock
            Stanthorpe.

            --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Savery"
            <fatcontroller2@o...> wrote:
            > G'Day All,
            > I wonder, is it just a poroduct of my fevered senile imagination
            > or did I really see,
            > a magazine article or website giving details of how to rewire a
            SPUD or Black Beetle for DCC ?

            > If any kind soul knows where, could they please turn me around
            three times and point me in the right direction ?

            > Ta muchely,
            >
            > Frank Savery,
            > Chief Engineer and sweeper-upperer,
            > King Island Tramway
          • Marcus Ammann
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2005
              Hi Frank

              I will dismantle the Steam Era HO spud and do a detailed motor isolation
              and decoder installation for my Web site next week and let you know when
              it's done.

              Marcus

              > I have wired a Steam Era's Black Beetle for DCC in HO, that I did to
              > re-motor a Bergs 19. You guys probably would not approve, but the 19
              now
              > works and sometimes, large compromises have to be made, it is not a
              show
              > piece but if you can see what's missing, you're too close. See my
              photo
              > in AMRM June 05 issue.
              >
              > Would some details on how I did it, do. I am sure in HO they are just
              > smaller than what you 7 mm guys have. If you like, I could write some
              > instructions and take a few photos.
              >
              > Marcus

            • Frank Savery
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2005
                Thanks Marcus.
                I think a few others might be interested, too !
                Cheers,