Re: [ausnarrowgauge] Convention Tpoics

  • Murray Scholz
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2005
      Its been nearly a week since the convention was held . I have thought about
      the weekend and I too want to echo what everyone else has said.

      In my view it was one of the best held . The clinics where excellent,
      especially John Dennis's presentation on the Stannary Hills and Irvinebank
      Tramways . The traders room was excellent and it was great to put faces to
      so many names . Geoff Nott again blew me away with his module that deserved
      best in show .

      I thought I would come away a little burnt out after some realy intensive
      moddeling trying to get my layout finished . Instead I came away inpired and
      eager to get back into building, trying to equal the high standards set .

      On the issue of contests I think it wouldn't hurt to see a best of category
      for the smaller scales as they do tend to get lost amongst the bigger stuff
      .The other award I was disapointed that it hadn't been continued from Sydney
      was the best Australian theme . I know where do you stop but I think it
      would be good to keep encouraging the trend towards Australian models

      Thanks again to the committee for a job well done and I can't wait for the
      next one

      Regards

      Murray Scholz
    • Mario Rapinett
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2005
        --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "Murray Scholz" <mbscholz@b...>
        wrote:> .The other award I was disapointed that it hadn't been
        continued from Sydney was the best Australian theme .

        Very good point.......

        Maybe in 2007
      • Brett Payne
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2005
          Guys,
          Making models of all those VB cans in HO is a really big
          challenge. Perhaps we could make it best Southern
          Hemisphere model instead....

          Rgds, Brett

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2005
            --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "Brett Payne" <brett.payne@i...>
            wrote:> Guys,
            > Making models of all those VB cans in HO is a really big
            > challenge. Perhaps we could make it best Southern
            > Hemisphere model instead....
            >
            > Rgds, Brett

            I'II drink to that........ better than whisky bottles, hey Barry Pate.

            As a side note, thanks to John Dennis. He was on the NG convention
            committee and kept us up to date on this forum leading up to the
            event. Looking forward to hearing when and where the next convention
            is held, as EASTER 2007 is not confirmed.

            regards

            Mario