Re: [ausnarrowgauge] Lord of the Rings

  • Keith McCarron
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
      Mario,

      Thanks for the invite re: 12th May in Christchurch. Even though it's
      the anniversary of my day of birth, Christchurch is a bit far to go just
      to meet you in that area. Thanks all the same.;-)

      Keith

      Mario Rapinett wrote:

      > Staying in Christchurch May 12th, afternoon & night. Would like to
      > meet any modelers in that area. Will be in Shantytown, May 11th to
      > film and take pictures of the Climax and surrounding structures.
      >
      > "M"
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129hhqlfe/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063576:HM/EXP=1109731573/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

      > .
    • Mario Rapinett
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hi Keith.... you weren't invited to the party....... However, don't
        forget, I am staying with you Friday week.....

        Maybe we could sellibrate your birthday early.....

        I was contacted today from a guy in Christchurch... I now have
        something to do in that area .....in fact all days are now full on...

        "M"

        --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, Keith McCarron <mccarron@t...>
        wrote:
        > Mario,
        >
        > Thanks for the invite re: 12th May in Christchurch.
      • Ken Clark
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
          Mario

          As a suggestion, post the message to the ON30 group, believe Russel
          Posthwaith? is on that list, lives in Christchurch, if time permits visit
          Ferrymead
          historical Village which has a collection of railway equipment of all kinds.
          I will try to get a hold of a friend of mine in Christchurch, not a
          modeller but
          a railroad nut<G> whom I meet in Peru a few years ago.
          In the Greynouth area watch for the railway crossing in the traffic circle
          and some of the single lane Railway/Road wooden bridges.

          Ken C
          Calgary Ab
          GWN
          -----
          Subject: [ausnarrowgauge] Lord of the Rings

          > Staying in Christchurch May 12th, afternoon & night. Would like to
          > meet any modelers in that area. Will be in Shantytown, May 11th to
          > film and take pictures of the Climax and surrounding structures.
          >
          > "M"
        • Mario Rapinett
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
            Thanaks Ken... seems I am going to be looked after during my NZ tour.
            Already planning a longer trip to the South Island in the near future.

            Mario
          • Mario Rapinett
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 9, 2005
              --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, Ken Clark
              <ferroequinologist1@s...> wrote:
              if time permits visit Ferrymead historical Village which has a
              collection of railway equipment of all kinds.
              In the Greynouth area watch for the railway crossing in the traffic
              circle and some of the single lane Railway/Road wooden bridges.

              Hi Ken.... both of your suggestions have been booked in my plans

              thankyou for the info

              Mario

              http://members.westnet.com.au/mjbd/html/new_zealand.html
            • Mario Rapinett
              Message 6 of 21 , May 17, 2005
                --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "Mario Rapinett" <mjbd@w...>
                wrote:

                > Staying in Christchurch May 12th, afternoon & night. Would like
                > meet any modelers in that area. Will be in Shantytown, May 11th to
                > take pictures of the Climax and surrounding structures.

                Hi All,

                Just arrived home.

                As soon as I recover from Jet lag, I will post a few pics and stories.

                However, I have a few comments.

                Rick White. Anybody know the latest regarding Rick's health.

                Great news about the Vulcan Vale , open house.....

                Pity about the sawmill closure at Cann River..... glad I have been
                able to capture it's history while it was in operation.

                To all the people of New Zealand. What an exciting place to visit.
                I will be back soon for a longer stay in the South Island.

                To my hosts, Bruce Gibbin and his family and my Pommy mate Alan
                Butler, a special thanks for inviting me into your home, especially
                as you had never met me before........

                Look forward to seeing some of you'se guys at Laurie's place on
                Sunday.

                Best wishes all

                Big M
              • John Garaty
                Message 7 of 21 , May 18, 2005
                  Hi Mario and Group,
                  Just got off the phone to Rick. He has been home for about 8 days
                  now.

                  He's had a big day out today in town. Lunch with family and then a
                  Doctor's appointment. He is still on the mend but gets sleepy
                  suddenly. He is sleeping most afternoons. He still can't feel hot or
                  cold in the left hand, but thankfully his memory and speech are
                  unaffected and there is no paralysis. I'm not sure whether he has
                  looked at his computer again yet.

                  He asked me to thank the group for their kind wishes.
                  Thanks and Regards
                  John Garaty
                  Unanderra

                  wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > Just arrived home.
                  >
                  > As soon as I recover from Jet lag, I will post a few pics and
                  stories.

                  > However, I have a few comments.
                  >
                  > Rick White. Anybody know the latest regarding Rick's health.

                  Snip

                  > Best wishes all
                  >
                  > Big M
                • Mario Rapinett
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
                    I have added few pics to my new web site..

                    http://www.modvid.com.au/html/new_zealand.html

                    ..clicko the mountain pic to start a link to Shantytown...

                    alotta more pics to come as I get time.....

                    Big M

                    PS..... the home page has links to my other web sites.

                    New domain web site ( www.modvid.com.au )

                    .... hope you don't get dizzy................surfin'
                  • Bob Walter
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
                      Mario - I just finished a four hour session with my office door closed - all
                      of it in your site (expanded). It's my business and I'm old, so what the
                      heck. With my employees it's the next best thing to me not being here at
                      all. Youth? Your site was great to start with. You have opened so much of
                      the great Aussie modeling, including yours, to us "up over" people. I'd like
                      a few more pictures of your newest modular set-up (Leigh ?). Thank you very
                      much and keep it up. Bob Walter, b-walter@... in the hills
                      somewhere outside of San Diego, California

                      I have added few pics to my new web site..

                      http://www.modvid.com.au/html/new_zealand.html

                      ..clicko the mountain pic to start a link to Shantytown...

                      alotta more pics to come as I get time.....

                      Big M

                      PS..... the home page has links to my other web sites.

                      New domain web site ( www.modvid.com.au )

                      .... hope you don't get dizzy................surfin'

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • Mario Rapinett
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
                        Hi Bob..... hope you visited the following web link

                        http://au.geocities.com/k27rgs/html/overview.html

                        this section would keep you occupied for another few hours.
                        Sorry about that...

                        One of the best, all time modelers

                        Thanks for your comments

                        "M"
                      • Bob Walter
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 2, 2005
                          Big M

                          You're right. What a treat. I also visited John Dennis's site. Wow - you
                          Aussies are really great modelers. Your "show" modules down there are
                          fantastic. I love the scenery in particular, it's a whole new approach.
                          Hopefully most others up here have found these sites. If not either one of
                          us could direct them there. Thanks again Mario for sharing this with me.

                          See ya later, Bob Walter, in the hills outside of San Diego

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 3, 2005
                            Bob... this site has more hands clinics

                            http://www.lauriegreen.net/

                            be warned.....great site which should take alotta of your spare ???
                            time

                            Mario

                            PS.... Are you going to Dearborn , NG Convention.
                            I might be doing two talks / clinics instead of repeating one topic.
                            I hate doing the same jokes within a 24 hour period.....

                            Me mates reckon I'm a joke 24 / 7..................