?exhibition @ waverly?

  • danpickard2004
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi group,
      I was wondering if anyone had any details of an exhibition that may
      be coming up at Waverly? John Hunter mentioned it to me the other
      day, but wasn't sure of any dates...anyone able to shed some light
      on this subject? I need to come up to Melbourne to collect some
      supplies, and it would be nice if I could kill two birds with one
      stone.

      Awaiting any replies...
      Cheers

      Dan Pickard in Geelong
    • Mario Rapinett
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        Waverley Model Railway Club.
        Annual Train Show

        Hungarian Community Centre
        760 Boronia Road, Wantirna

        Melway P63-F5

        June 12th, 13th , 14th
      • John Dennis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          Dan,

          Queens Birthday Weekend. The AMRM diary at
          http://www.australianmodelrailways.com/ says this:

          June 12-14, 2004 at the Hungarian Community Centre, 760 Boronia Road,
          Wantirna. Open 10am-6pm (Sat & Sun), 10am-5pm (Mon). Admission:
          $8/$5/Free. Organised by Waverley Model Railway Club Inc. Enquiries:
          Secretary on (03) 9807 0397.

          So it's not AT Waverley, but is organized by the Waverley MRC. In
          recent years it's been held at the World Vision Centre.

          John

          On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:05:53 -0000, "danpickard2004"
          <coneblower@...> wrote:

          >Hi group,
          >I was wondering if anyone had any details of an exhibition that may
          >be coming up at Waverly? John Hunter mentioned it to me the other
          >day, but wasn't sure of any dates...anyone able to shed some light
          >on this subject? I need to come up to Melbourne to collect some
          >supplies, and it would be nice if I could kill two birds with one
          >stone.

          John Dennis jdennis@...
          Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
          and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
          Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
          WebX http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html
        • Mario Rapinett
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
            Great Expo Diary link. Thanks JD

            --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, John Dennis <jdennis@o...>
            wrote:
            > Dan,
            >
            > Queens Birthday Weekend. The AMRM diary at
            > http://www.australianmodelrailways.com/ says this:

          • Michael Johnson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2004
              I think Wantirna was "in" the old City of Waverley, which now makes up the greater part of the City of Monash, aka the Kennett reforms.

              But I believe the Waverley Model Railway Club now has their clubrooms at Dandenong, which of course is further down the track. I was a member for a short time many years ago. At that time, if memory serves me right they had clubrooms near Chadstone, but it was a share arrangement. Not much interest in narrow gauge at the time, though.

              Cheers,

              Michael

              <coneblower@...> wrote:

              >Hi group,
              >I was wondering if anyone had any details of an exhibition that may
              >be coming up at Waverly? John Hunter mentioned it to me the other
              >day, but wasn't sure of any dates...anyone able to shed some light
              >on this subject? I need to come up to Melbourne to collect some
              >supplies, and it would be nice if I could kill two birds with one
              >stone.

              John Dennis jdennis@...
              Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
              and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
              Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
              WebX http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor