First Aluminium module

  • Barry Pate
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      I've just completed assembling the first of three 600mm x 1200mm
      module frames, using Mario's technique. Thanks Mario, John and Rod
      for your advice. The most time consuming part is sanding down the
      plastic connectors so I can get them out again! I may end up with 12
      or so modules of this size. I've gone with a 2-tier approach to
      double the potential layout area or add handy storage on the lower
      level.
    • Mario Rapinett
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2004
        Suggest using a $2.00 rubber mallet for pulling framing / joiners
        apart. No need to sand joiners . However what ever is easy for you.

        Recently others are adopting the aluminium in various layout sizes
        and configurations.

        Best wishes with your progress, Barry

        PS.... Hope our English mate gets to see your project.
      • Rod Hutchinson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2004
          Barry,

          Agree with Mario. A good whack or two with a rubber mallet separates the
          plastic joiners from the frame. This is based on actual experience when I
          put a joiner in the wrong way. No need to sand.

          Regards

          Rod Hutchinson
          Melbourne, Australia.

          I've just completed assembling the first of three 600mm x 1200mm
          module frames, using Mario's technique. Thanks Mario, John and Rod
          for your advice. The most time consuming part is sanding down the
          plastic connectors so I can get them out again! I may end up with 12
          or so modules of this size. I've gone with a 2-tier approach to
          double the potential layout area or add handy storage on the lower
          level.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Barry Pate
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2004
            I'll get a rubber mallet for sure! Nicko has already seen a pic and
            thinks it a good idea Mario. I've placed a couple of pictures, and
            credits, here:
            http://uk.geocities.com/barry_pate/html/framing.html

            thanks

            --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "Mario Rapinett" <mjbd@h...>

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2004
              Thanks Rod

              When I have something more substantial to show I will invite you
              fellas over for a look see!

              Cheers

              --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, Rod Hutchinson