Re: Mechanical issues in new models (Was On30 Plastic NA)

  • ianj0trains
    Message 1 of 61 , Aug 25, 2013
      Hi Dan,

      Visually a big tick, absolutely.

      It will be interesting to see what develops as a "side benefit" from the release of this model, I've a hunch there could be some interesting developments to compliment it.

      But if I see anyone claiming they're modelling VR NG and there is any B*chm*nn rolling stock present expect a few questions !!

      Cheers

      Ian J

      --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "danpickard2004" <pickard6@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ian,
      > I'd certainly be restraining full judgement of the product until the final result is on the market. In terms of the visual presentation of this model, its seems to get a big tick. If it comes up with a reliable and solid mech inside to match the good looks, then we might have a winner. Handy to be aware of past efforts though. I think many have become the same with the likes of Bachmann releases in recent years. After a good start, the cracks started to appear (literally), and reputation kind of slid a bit. I imagine if future releases from them address the issues and learn from past mistakes, by rights there should be an improvement in the product an their consumer support. Same could be said for the Haskell releases.
      >
      > What I see is potential for other small manufactures to benefit from the RTR Na release. There have been a good number of providers of VR NG items (rolling stock, structures, lineside gear etc), but a lack of the main item, the loco's. If this RTR product actually nails it, we might experience a small surge in VR NG modelling, with an increased demand on those other supporting manufacturers, that finally have an affordable and reliable running loco to support. Will be an interesting time to observe for the next 6-12 months and see if a wave can start.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Dan Pickard

    • bachmanntaiwan
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 4, 2013
        Yes, certainly for at least NS plating. I believe this is more common than some people may realize. On top of that some of the other common ways are probably not better (eg diecast wheels).
        Kieren