Re: Speed Limit 20

  • carlsegnit@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 16, 2013
      > Thank-you. I'm ex-Permanent Staff of the Talyllyn, which is of course
      > twinned with the PBR.

      Yes, and we have had several articles in recent editions of PBR's ''Narrow Gauge' magazine re Talyllyn. Beautiful railway and If you would like PDFs of them, contact me at my bigpond address.
    • Frank Savery
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 8, 2015
        Hi Guys,
        I remember, a couple of years ago (I 'think' on the LRRSA list) that there was an announcement that a new edition of Speed Limit 20 was being worked on.
        Anyone, know of any developments ???
        Frank Savery,
        Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
        King Island Tramway, Tasmania

        Growing old is compulsory . . . growing up is optional

        Off course I talk to myself, sometimes, you just HAVE to get an expert opinion.

      • John Dennis
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 8, 2015
          Here's the original post (on this group) by Carl Segnit, dated July 16, 2013:

          Hi folks. Great news...Ted's book is to be re-published by Puffing Billy Railway with extra information (keeping Ted's text and style intact; we'll use footnotes and breakouts) not known by Ted when it was published 50 years ago. We have 3 historians up here at PBR to work on that side and I'm part of the production team. I've already OCR scanned half the text for the editor, JohnThompson. Exciting project.

          I have heard nothing (or at least remembered nothing) since...

          John

          On 9 February 2015 at 17:11, Frank Savery franksavery@... [ausnarrowgauge] <ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Hi Guys,
          I remember, a couple of years ago (I 'think' on the LRRSA list) that there was an announcement that a new edition of Speed Limit 20 was being worked on.
          Anyone, know of any developments ???

          Frank Savery,
          Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
          King Island Tramway, Tasmania

          Growing old is compulsory . . . growing up is optional

          Off course I talk to myself, sometimes, you just HAVE to get an expert opinion.

        • Carl Segnit
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 9, 2015
            Hi folks.

            At the moment, PBR publication efforts are focussed on the "Saving Puffing Billy" book (a history of the PB Preservation Society) due around June this year. At about 200+ pages with many pics and edited by John Thompson it looks like a winner. Then we'll get back to SL20.

            As an aside, I have the Inscale 0-4-0 Peckett for sale with a Bachmann Shay thrown in. Contact me offline for any interest.

            cheers

            Carl Segnit