Re: [ausnarrowgauge] CANCELLATION OF OFFER FOR THE TIME BEING Re: COMMERCIAL: 1914 American Hoist and Derrick Catalog special offer

  • jerry via FMW.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013
      Hi Darryl,

      Have your tried Drop Box?

      My experience with Drop Box is get a huge file that comprises the
      current issue of a magazine. You have to join Drop Box, there was no
      charge for the service.

      Jerry Kitts

      Jerry Kitts
      Foothill Model Works
      jerrykitts@...
      Visit our web site at
      http://www.foothillmodelworks.com/
      (707) 459-5587

    • weigel5
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2013
        I have used drop box to transfer video files without any trouble also. It seems to work equally well with many operating systems. We have gone from MAC to Windoze without any problems, etc.
        Cheers,
        John Weigel
        The Peterboro Railroad

        My experience with Drop Box is get a huge file that comprises the
        current issue of a magazine. You have to join Drop Box, there was no
        charge for the service.

        Jerry Kitts

        On Mar 28, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Darryl Huffman wrote:

        > Friends,
        >
        > Thank you to all who replied to my email about receiving this
        > information by
        > internet download.
        >
        > In dealing with the individual cases and their computers, I have
        > decided
        > that this may be too early to try to do this using existing
        > technology.
        >
        > The two programs I have been using are really designed for
        > exchanging large
        > files between two companies who do regular business together.
        >
        > Right now recipents need to set up an account in order to received the
        > files.
        >
        > This is not a problem with two divisions of General Motors wanting to
        > exchange files but some buyers are concerned about the need to do
        > this.
        >
        > I agree.
        >
        > Also, I have found computers need to use either Internet Explorer
        > or Firefox
        > to properly download and open the files.
        >
        > Additionally, the computer must have Adobe Flash Player version 9
        > or higher.
        >
        > Bottom line - - - - these issues may be addressed soon by the
        > providers of
        > these services but for right now they are too many strings attached
        > and too
        > many hoops to jump through for this to be an effective, easy way to
        > transfer
        > the files to you, the ultimate customer.
        >
        > So, for the time being, it is back to the drawing board as I
        > continue to
        > search for program that is easy and reliable to use.
        >
        > Thanks again to all who responded.
        >
        > When the above issued are resolved to my satisfaction then we can
        > try again.
        >
        > Darryl Huffman
        > 451 N Evelyn Way
        > Star, ID 83669
        > darrylhuffman@...
        >
        > Looking for information on old sawmills?
        > http://ghosttownmodels.com/catalog.html
        >
        > .

        Jerry Kitts
        Foothill Model Works