Re: Commonwealth Railways Relay Van NHBR23.

  • PaulTranter
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2013
      Murray,

      In the past I have purchased a number of drawings Inprotrans, however as Denis points out the situation has now changed and I have not personally dealt with the new business.

      As Denis states some drawings are available from Noarlunga Model Railroaders Inc. http://noarail.com/members2/v/Allan/Drawings+of+locomotives+and+rolling+stock/

      However you may find the following web address and books to be of help:

      -Chris Drymalik's comrails website has an extensive list of drawings avialble http://www.comrails.com/library/lib_hb.html
      Check the standard gauge and SAR drawings lists also, as a lot of standard gauge & SAR stock ended up on the narrow gauge.

      -Mile End Railway Publication [1982], Locomotives of Australian National by Robert Sampson & Ronald E Fluck, includes outline drawings.

      -Port Dock Station Railway Museum Publication [1996] Locomotives & Railcars of the Commonwealth Railways, includes outline drawings.

      -Mile End Railway Publication [1981] South Austalian Diesel Pictorial by Douglas A Calquhoun, no drawings.

      -Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin magazine, issues Jun'89, Jul'89 and Dec'90. Drawings and articles on Commonwealth Railway carriages by Chris Drymalik.

      -Australian Model Railway Magazine, Apr'03. Kitbashing Commonwealth Railways carriages, includes drawings.

      -Australian Railway Enthusiast Vol33, No.4, Dec'95, NSU Class by Rod Milne. No drawings, but this article motivated me to make my first CR models.

      Whilst a number of the above books are long out of print, copies may be available from museum and / or club libraries.

      I trust that the above is of some assistance.

      Paul Tranter.

      --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "deniskahl" wrote:

      > Murray,
      >
      > There used to be Inprotrans who were located in the plan room in what remains of the Islington workshops. There are both CR and SAR plans held in this room. Here is the URL http://www.inprotrans.com/
      >
      > As can be seen from the web page at the above URL this arrangement has changed.
      >
      > I have not dealt with either Refreshing Memories or the new occupant(s) of the plan room.
      >
      > There are a few drawings here as well
      >
      > http://www.noarail.com/members2/v/Allan/Drawings+of+locomotives+and+rolling+stock/SAR+drawings/
      >
      > Can't recall how many CR ng plans there are in the SAR Modelling convention notes but as the CR took over some of the SAR NG there is some commonality.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Denis
      >
      > --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "Murray Scholz" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Paul,
      > >
      > > A great looking model of a distinctive carriage, well done. Is there
      > > somewhere that modellers can access plans for the Commonwealth Railways
      > > narrow gauge rolling stock?
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Murray Scholz

    • Benjamin Scanlon
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2013

        > -Chris Drymalik's comrails website has an extensive list of drawings avialble http://www.comrails.com/library/lib_hb.html
        > Check the standard gauge and SAR drawings lists also, as a lot of standard gauge & SAR stock ended up on the narrow gauge.

        yep, the two pdfs here of SG plans from 1958 and NG from the same year should get you started.
      • Murray Scholz
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2013
          Paul, Dennis & Ben,

          Thank you very much for the links and book references. They will be very
          useful.

          Murray Scholz