HOn30 G42

  • chasschusteroz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2012
      Hi All,

      Has anyone disassembled a Graham Farish N Class-"08" Diesel Shunter -
      the new one with outside frames.

      Is it possible to turn (flop it over) the motor to a forward position, so that the coupled wheels are to the rear?
      Then the motors could be in a water tank unit or fuel bunker of a
      G42 Beyer- Garratt?

      The wheel base and size + outside frame suits the Puffing Billy B-G
      G42.
      I only need to do the drive train for my 3D printed model.
      A project under way.

      Thanks,

      Charles Schuster,
      HOLT ACT
      AUSTRALIA.
    • loggingloco1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2012
        Dear Chas,

        Is the B'mann exploded diagram any help?

        http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/GF_08.pdf

        Looks like "flopping the motor" is more a case of "turning the entire mech around"...

        Happy Modelling,
        Aim to Improve,
        Prof Klyzlr