FIRE

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      This might be of interest: from Komata on another forum.

      'Thursday afternoon, Jan. 5, the Woodland Scenics Company in Linn Creek, MO was destroyed by a fire. It appears to be a total loss'.

      http://www.lakenewsonline.com/news/x550 ... -residents

      No doubt prices of their products will go up as importers and LHS's use it to their monetary advantage

      Jay.
    • David R Axup
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        G'day Jay,

        According to a post on the On30 group quoting a post on the Atlas Group -

        " Post on today's Atlas forum from Woodland Scenic's Director of Customer
        Service says that only two buildings were affected-they have many. The
        shipping, warehousing, corporate offices and "most of the manufacturing
        buildings" were spared. Quote-"It's business as usual".

        Cheers,

        David

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
          G'day All,

          A Happy New Year to you.

          This is a not so subtle reminder that Southern Forests 2012 is just two
          months away and that if you wish to attend then registration by the 19th
          February is essential.

          The event is to be held at the Gemco Theatre, Emerald, next to the Puffing
          Billy line.

          A commuter train from Menzies Creek in the morning and returning in the
          afternoon is scheduled. There is ample parking around the Menzies Creek
          Station area.

          A range of excellent speakers [local and international] will present in the
          morning and there will be a number of workshops in the afternoon. The bar
          at the theatre will be open for trade. There will also be a small number of
          trade stands and provision for you to display that model you want to show
          off to the rest of the world.

          Lunch will be provided if you wish or the Emerald shops are 100 metres away.

          Registration forms are available from David Axup on daxup@....
          Cost of attending is $45.00. The commuter train is $10.00 for the return
          trip. Lunch is $10.00. Total cost if you take the whole package - $65.00.
          Payment is by cheque or money order only.

          If you registered your interest and you intend to be there but haven't yet
          paid then it is time to do so.

          Cheers,

          David R Axup
          On behalf of the Committee
        • David & Crenagh
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
            The following has been on a number of other forums.

            Dear all,

            As you may have heard we have experienced a fire here at Woodland Scenics
            and there is good news and bad news. The good news is that no one was hurt
            during the fire or evacuation process. The bad news is that it took out a
            couple of our manufacturing buildings. However, and fortunately, there is
            more good news than bad.

            We encompass multiple buildings that are spread out all over the town of
            Linn Creek. We only lost two of those buildings and those two contained just
            a small portion of our manufacturing facilities. Our shipping department,
            warehouse and corporate offices were spared any damage, as were most of our
            manufacturing buildings, so it is business as usual.

            Thanks for all your concerns.

            Respectfully,

            Gale Cousins
            Director of Sales & Customer Service
            Woodland Scenics

            David & Crenagh Elliott

            Victoria BC Canada

            _____

            <mailto:ausnarrowgauge%40yahoogroups.com>