Re: [ausnarrowgauge] Re: Lake Margaret Vauxhall railcar

  • Mike Bickford
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
      Some more here too
      http://blogs.abc.net.au/tasmania/2010/10/lake-margaret-tram.html?site=northtas&program=hobart_weekends

      cheers,
      Mike Bickford
      Murrumburrah Tramway
      Harden NSW
      www.ritginc.org

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Tom" <brojess2@...>
      To: <ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 3:45 PM
      Subject: [ausnarrowgauge] Re: Lake Margaret Vauxhall railcar

      > Here is one in its original form:
      > http://westonlangford.com/media/photos/102569.jpg
      >
      > --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "dopeydimwit" <copytext@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Here's a photo I took about 11 years ago of the driver's cab
      >>
      >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/30078129@N07/5890105596/in/photostream
      >>
      >> I've got a couple of exterior shots but it doesn't seem to be as wide as
      >> what Lynn's photo seems to indicate
      >>
      >> Stuart
      >>
      >> --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, A C Lynn Zelmer <lynn@> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Ron, it looks like I've only got one photo in the Image Collection
      >> > (http://www.zelmeroz.com/album_rail/tas/idabay/lz_ib01.jpg)
      >> > but I know that I have more somewhere yet to be scanned and uploaded.
      >> > While I don't likely have one with a 6' man aside a side view, I
      >> > likely have a head on view which can be used to get the bonnet height
      >> > from the rail gauge, and from that dimension it should be possible to
      >> > get the body height and length using a side view.
      >> >
      >> > I'd also be interested in additional dimensions, photos, and/or
      >> > drawings if they should come to light... and I'll try to locate my
      >> > remaining photos over the weekend.
      >> >
      >> > Happy modelling,
      >> > Lynn

      >> > --
      >> > Lynn Zelmer
      >> > Box 1414, Rockhampton QLD 4700 Australia
      >> > http://www.zelmeroz.com

    • A C Lynn Zelmer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
        I've looked out my 1999 images when the rail car was still
        operating... looks like at least a dozen images that are reasonably
        decent , including some details for modellers, plus some other that
        have lesser value... mostly because the interior shots were taken
        while the railcar was in motion, thus somewhat blurred. Even at only
        10 kph or so it was still very rough riding.
        :-)

        I'll scan and upload them over the weekend, and hopefully have the
        on-line searchable database updated by early Monday afternoon.

        Happy modelling, Lynn

        >Here's a photo I took about 11 years ago of the driver's cab
        >
        >http://www.flickr.com/photos/30078129@N07/5890105596/in/photostream
        >
        >I've got a couple of exterior shots but it doesn't seem to be as
        >wide as what Lynn's photo seems to indicate
        >
        >Stuart
        >
        >--- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, A C Lynn Zelmer <lynn@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Ron, it looks like I've only got one photo in the Image Collection
        >> (http://www.zelmeroz.com/album_rail/tas/idabay/lz_ib01.jpg)
        > > but I know that I have more somewhere yet to be scanned and uploaded.

        Lynn Zelmer
        Box 1414, Rockhampton QLD 4700 Australia
        http://www.zelmeroz.com
      • glenn_howe
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2011
          --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "smileysteam" <albatross@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > Thinking of building a model of the railcar and wondering if anyone has some basic dimensions?
          > I don't think there are any plans around, and trying to scale some dimensions from the existing photos is a bit frustrating.
          > Thanks
          > Ron

          Hi Ron,
          By the look of the cab front and grill it might be worth a look at a Vauxhall car or Bedford truck cab of the same era. If you are working in 4mm or 7mm scale there might be something available to bash. A '36 to '38 Chev might have suitable GM style too.
          Cheers,
          Glenn Howe.
        • smileysteam
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 21, 2011
            Hi,
            A belated thank you to those folks who responded with info and ideas on the topic.Making progress on general outline drawing.
            Thanks
            Ron