RE: [ausnarrowgauge] Re: Detail Parts

  • David R Axup
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2 6:09 PM
      G'day All,

      I am looking for small axle boxes and springs for the "power bogies" of a
      small geared locomotive. The loco is being built at 1:48 scale but the axle
      boxes and springs would need to be HO scale as 1:48 detail parts are far too
      large. I have spent several hours trawling the web and found some excellent
      1:48/7mm scale bits but they are all too large. Anyone know of a site for
      HO/OO detail parts?

      Failing the location of a suitable source on the web it looks like two old
      Hornby OO chassis [intended for the under bodies of On30 wagons] will have
      to be sacrificed for their parts.

      Cheers,

      David

      PS. Don't forget Southern Forests 2012 folks.
    • rckwallaby
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3 1:02 AM
        --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "David R Axup" <daxup@...> wrote:

        > G'day All,
        >
        > I am looking for small axle boxes and springs for the "power bogies" of a
        > small geared locomotive. The loco is being built at 1:48 scale but the axle
        > boxes and springs would need to be HO scale as 1:48 detail parts are far too
        > large. I have spent several hours trawling the web and found some excellent
        > 1:48/7mm scale bits but they are all too large. Anyone know of a site for
        > HO/OO detail parts?
        > Cheers,
        >
        > David

        I assume you're familiar with PSC detail parts and have or have access to thier details catalogues ?
        http://psc1.virtualfocus.com/

        Or you can source the old CalScale detail parts range through Bowser-Stewart website:
        http://bowser-trains.com/hoother/calscale/calscale.htm

        Regards
        Phil Morrow

        > PS. Don't forget Southern Forests 2012 folks.

      • Geoff Potter
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3 1:30 AM
          David,

          if I am on the right wavelength, consider the moulded spring/bearings on old HO
          Lima Davenportish switchers, the kind sold with the simplest train sets. Usually
          the loco body was red. Cheap as chips and nicely detailed springs that can be
          cut away from the frame and thinned by sanding. I have used these successfully
          on small 1/35th scale locos.

          regards

          Geoff Potter

          Message 4 of 11 , May 3 2:12 AM
            Thanks Phil. I'll have a look

            David

            Message 5 of 11 , May 3 2:14 AM
              Many thanks Geoff. I now have a heap of possibilities.