nbh cars

  • kwhughes50
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2011
      Hi All,
      I will explore the KD #4 couplers and obtain a pair so that if the coupler box area of the underframe can be altered as with the frame to allow the bogies to swing futher. At present the cars will will negoiate 600mm dia without and alteration.
      At present the interior seat details and mounting blocks to secure the the Kadee coupler and floor to the body yto allow easy remove are being milled.
      Final costs of the kits will be released soon as with the kits so please be patient.
      Cheers
      Ken
    • Brain
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2011
        Ken,
        Using a Kadee #4 you should be able to build a draft box with about 5mm.
        wide at the rear end tapering out to normal width at the mouth of the box.
        Brian
        Qld. Aust.
        > I will explore the KD #4 couplers and obtain a pair so that if the coupler
        > box area of the underframe can be altered as with the frame to allow the
        > bogies to swing futher. At present the cars will will negoiate 600mm dia
        > without and alteration.
        > At present the interior seat details and mounting blocks to secure the the
        > Kadee coupler and floor to the body yto allow easy remove are being
        > milled.
        > Final costs of the kits will be released soon as with the kits so please
        > be patient.
        > Cheers
        > Ken

        17:34:00
      • danpickard2004
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2011
          Hi Ken,
          Do you have any update/details on what trucks are planned for this kit, ie using something generic RTR, or milling a new set of fox trucks to go with them.

          Cheers,
          Dan Pickard

          --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "kwhughes50" <kwhughes50@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          > I will explore the KD #4 couplers and obtain a pair so that if the coupler box area of the underframe can be altered as with the frame to allow the bogies to swing futher. At present the cars will will negoiate 600mm dia without and alteration.
          > At present the interior seat details and mounting blocks to secure the the Kadee coupler and floor to the body yto allow easy remove are being milled.
          > Final costs of the kits will be released soon as with the kits so please be patient.
          > Cheers
          > Ken

        • Frank Savery
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2011
            Hi Guys,
            I'm planning a couple of kitbashes using Fleischmann Magic Train 0-4-0
            Diesel Loco Bodies.
            If anyone has Magic Train Diesel Loco cab/roof and/or bonnets (ie hoods)
            available for disposal, I'd be grateful If they could get
            in touch off-list and we can negociate.
            franksavery@...
            Thanx,
            Cheers,

            Frank Savery,
            You can't stay young forever,but,
            you can be immature for the rest of your life ! {:-))

          • ken hughes
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 7, 2011
              G'day Dan
              We are looking at trucks at present with the possibility that the trucks will be
              milled as per the 1919 drawings as which the kit is based on
              Cheeers
              Ken

              ________________________________
              Do you have any update/details on what trucks are planned for this kit, ie using
              something generic RTR, or milling a new set of fox trucks to go with them.

              Cheers,
              Dan Pickard

              --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "kwhughes50" <kwhughes50@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              > I will explore the KD #4 couplers and obtain a pair so that if the coupler box
              >area of the underframe can be altered as with the frame to allow the bogies to
              >swing futher. At present the cars will will negoiate 600mm dia without and
              >alteration.
              > At present the interior seat details and mounting blocks to secure the the
              >Kadee coupler and floor to the body yto allow easy remove are being milled.
              > Final costs of the kits will be released soon as with the kits so please be
              >patient.
              > Cheers
              > Ken

            • danpickard2004
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 7, 2011
                Thanks Ken,
                Eager now to get some better looks at this little project. The 'tourist special' train is looking better right now.

                Cheers,
                Dan Pickard

                --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, ken hughes <kwhughes50@...> wrote:

                > G'day Dan
                > We are looking at trucks at present with the possibility that the trucks will be
                > milled as per the 1919 drawings as which the kit is based on
                > Cheeers
                > Ken
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Frank Savery
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 14, 2011
                  Hi Guys, are you aware that Smallbrook Studios in the UK do 3 quite nice
                  looking 0-4-0 and 0-6-0 Diesel loco bodies to fit on R-T-R chassis ?
                  Have a look at :

                  http://www.smallbrookstudio.com/page_1201118902437.html

                  He also does the cabs seperatly and sells the RTR chassis.
                  BTW - The DAPOL wagon chassis he sells are the latest types with NEM
                  boxes to take Kadee type couplers as well as the UK small Tension-Lock
                  type.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 1, 2011
                    Hi guys,
                    Does anyone have an e-mail address for Berg's Hobbies, please ?
                    I've got to reimburse a friend in the US, Steve Fisher, for poing some
                    parcels to me and he suggested rather than cash I
                    might be able to do it in figures by the Model Company. But, I need to
                    find out what they actually have in stock at the moment,
                    so I can ask him which figures he wants.

                    Cheers,
                    Frank Savery,
                    You can't stay young forever,but,
                    you can be immature for the rest of your life ! {:-))

                  • Geoff Potter
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 1, 2011
                      Frank,

                      it isn't easy to locate. The Ausicion website lists:

                      mail@...

                      This is worth a shot. Berg's have just got in their last Model Company order of
                      locos, vehicles and figures.

                      If anyone out there wants some, these will be the last available for quite a
                      while.

                      I saw the Bergs Hobbies stand at the O scale Forum. They currently have a good
                      range in stock.

                      The vehicles are lovely.

                      regards

                      Geoff Potter