Puffing Billy NA

  • ianj0trains
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi All,

      Further to my previous post, some of you might be interested to know that a HOn30 brass NA just sold on German Ebay for, wait for it, 86 Euro's !!! Person apparently wouldn't accept Pay Pal, and wouldn't post outside Germany, it does look to have been a cheap buy for someone.

      Cheers

      Ian J

      --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "ianj0trains" <ianaj@...> wrote:

      > Hi David,
      >
      > I've been waiting for all the HOn30 modellers to rush in with a reply, but your question seems to have stumped people !!
      >
      > Having modelling only in O scale for over 30 years, I've never seen one of these smaller model NAs "undressed," therefore have no idea how big the motor is, but I would have thought one of the smaller Mashima's could probably be made to fit.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Ian J
      >

      > --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "David & Crenagh" <theelliotts@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have just received a Model Dockyard "Puffing Billy" NA locomotive (and two
      > > excursion car kits). Unfortunately the motor is shot. Can anyone suggest a
      > > source of a suitable replacement motor or even the motor type?
      > >
      > > David Elliott
      > >
      > > Victoria BC Canada

    • Matthew
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        Ah, a true object lesson in how to shoot oneself in one's own foot and then wonder why it hurts. Fear and paranoia are rampant throughout the world it appears.

        Matt