Re: Puffing Billy (PBPS) Somersault Signals near lakeside Station

  • railwayspeedlimit20
    Message 1 of 89 , Aug 1, 2010
      Hi Fraser and fellow N.G. Gang :

      Sounds good enough to me.

      I've purchased the A.R.H.S. volume on "Victorian Signalling" by Peter Fisher and i reckon that will provide several hours of enjoyable reading on the signalling used on VR. And i'll be able to use that info to generate my own narrowgauge signalling system.

      I've also ordered a considerable quantity of McKenzie and Holland somersault and lattice post components from Model Signal Engineering in the UK to get some signals built as well make a start on point rodding and signal controls. See http://www.modelsignals.com/mse_home.htm. When they arrive i'll let everyone know what their components are like.

      In the meantime ....

      Best regards,
      Rick

      --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "fraser_clayton" <fclayton@...> wrote:

      > I will include distant signals on my line and one co-acting post near a bridge, plus a few starters at the major station. Why? Because I like signals and I can! I also intend to build a loungeroom diorama that has an automatic block post - true to the prototype!

    • Brian
      Message 89 of 89 , Feb 27, 2012
        You shorten the diff housings, the same as QR did with the little Suzuki's
        Brian
        Qld. Aust.