Re: [ausnarrowgauge] Geoff P's micro "NG Promo" idea?

  • Geoff Potter
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2009
      Prof,

      which show might be interested?

      I agree that a small group of micro-maniacs would need to commit to a particular space, much like other exhibitors.

      I like the idea of each layout having its own free standing pedestal, but even starting with a very basic set-up such as that in the photograph, on tables with descriptive material, would be a quick and easy start.

      If the show is in mid 2010, that could be Epping?

      If four of five listers built one NG micro-layout each, preferably in differing scale/gauge combinations, then you have a display. I'd be in it. if they were all Pizza layouts, you could call the group the "Pizza Nuts".

      Put me down for an 0n18 pizza micro-layout (already built), and perhaps an 0n30 one.

      Anyone else interested?

      regards

      Geoff Potter

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2009
        Hi Geoff,
        I'm in with the Randim Stackum & Wrackem in Gn15 at 450mm by 600mm, and, if required, Yallah2 in 0-16.5 (3m by 1.5m).
        By the time 2010 rolls around, I should have the flatcars and battery-electric loco sorted for the RS&W. They should add some extra interest for the traindriver.

        If we need more, I can also bring the bootbox -
        <http://carendt.com/scrapbook/page89/index.html#forklift>
        Just as well I have 2 forkies on different frequencies ;-)

        Sorry but none of them are pizzas,
        Regards,
        John Garaty
        Unanderra

        --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Potter <potgeoff@...> wrote:

        > If four of five listers built one NG micro-layout each, preferably in differing scale/gauge combinations, then you have a display. I'd be in it. if they were all Pizza layouts, you could call the group the "Pizza Nuts".
        >
        > Put me down for an 0n18 pizza micro-layout (already built), and perhaps an 0n30 one.
        >
        > Anyone else interested?
        >
        > regards
        >
        > Geoff Potter
      • Geoff Potter
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 2, 2009
          John,

          sounds great.

          We'll see what information the Prof has, and develop it from there.

          regards

          Geoff Potter

          ________________________________
          I'm in with the Randim Stackum & Wrackem in Gn15 at 450mm by 600mm, and, if required, Yallah2 in 0-16.5 (3m by 1.5m).
          By the time 2010 rolls around, I should have the flatcars and battery-electric loco sorted for the RS&W. They should add some extra interest for the traindriver.

          If we need more, I can also bring the bootbox -
          <http://carendt. com/scrapbook/ page89/index. html#forklift>
          Just as well I have 2 forkies on different frequencies ;-)

          Sorry but none of them are pizzas,
          Regards,
          John Garaty
          Unanderra

          --- In ausnarrowgauge@ yahoogroups. com, Geoff Potter <potgeoff@.. .> wrote:

          > If four of five listers built one NG micro-layout each, preferably in differing scale/gauge combinations, then you have a display. I'd be in it. if they were all Pizza layouts, you could call the group the "Pizza Nuts".
          >
          > Put me down for an 0n18 pizza micro-layout (already built), and perhaps an 0n30 one.
          >
          > Anyone else interested?
          >
          > regards
          >
          > Geoff Potter

        • John Dimitrievich
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 2, 2009
            Dear John, Geoff, NG Modellers all,

            John G wrote:

            "...Sorry but none of them are pizzas,..."

            John, that's not a <Bad> Thing,

            The last thing you'd want is an entire stand of Pizza layouts,

            With the "Adult demographic" likely to immediately dismiss the entire
            display as "...higher res 'Thomas' layouts, without the 'Thomas'..." ;-)

            Happy Modelling,

            Aim to improve,

            Prof Klyzlr

            PS: Am rounding up the info on hand, for clarification,

            But truly hope that it won't be left to just the 3 of us to "take the
            Flag up the Hill"...

            http://twitter.com/FairlightAU http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairlight/81364708295 http://www.fairlightusers.com/

          • Geoff Potter
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 3, 2009
              Prof & John,

              don't take the pizza layout idea too seriously. I forgot to add the 8?).

              I agree that we need to put forward a mix of adult oriented NG layouts, with thevery occasional fun or novelty one.

              At the moment, I tend towards micro layouts because that is what I have time & resources for. They are very satisfying, in that I actually get to finish them.

              That being said, the case for NG layouts will be probably best served by presenting a smorgasbord of styles and sizes.

              If the idea is slow to gather momentum, that is OK too...there is more time to build and refine skills...nothing is ever wasted in this hobby.

              I agree that it would be nice to involve a few more modellers,

              regards

              Geoff Potter

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 3, 2009
                Jeff,
                Stephen Reynolds from up the coast here.
                Please email me off-line, would like to caught up again.
                Stephen