Re: Austin "Tilly"

  • Ken Clark
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2009
      -

      Charles

      Just as a side note "Model Military International" has a
      article comparing/ constructing the two 1/48 scale Tilly's
      from Tamiya and Alteri. has a few protoype photos.
      Believe it is the June issue (takes about 2 months to get to
      Canada from England)

      Ken Clark
      GWN

      -- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, "charles schuster" <chasschuster@...> wrote:

      > G'Day All!
      >
      > Slightly out of topic but maybe of interest to Oz NGers.
      > I found (on a recent trip to the USA) a useful 1940's into the 1950's 1/48 Tamiya Military Miniature Series #62 "British Light Utility Car - 10HP" or "Tilly" which might be of use in On3o scenery/diorams or as a wreck in a farm yard or in the bush.
      >
      > Review of the model is on......
      > <http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/48/tamiya32562reviewbg_1.html>
      >
      > Enjoy,
      > Chas

    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2009
        It would be in the July issue - it's mentioned on the next issue
        preview page at the back of the June issue, which went on sale
        hereabouts a couple of weeks ago. There was also an excellent in-
        depth article in Military Modelling a couple of years ago, based on
        the Accurate Armour 1:35 kit.

        Kevin Crosado
        De Selby Research