      To: ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com
      From: ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:10:35 +1000
      Subject: Re: [ausnarrowgauge] Outside frame loco assistance

      David,
      If you intend to look at using the gas mechanical chassis and motor, you need to check if the motor will fit inside the boiler/saddle tank of the Peckett.

      Brian
      Qld. Aust.

      Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 6:07 PM

      that was a good  idea Brian. Will order one......

      David

      To: ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com
      From: ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:21:47 +1000

      David,
      I am not sure what the diameter of the Bachmann Gas Mechanical are, but I think they are 24”, you may even get away with using the entire chassis and motor of the gas mechanical, you need, according to the drawing I found a 3’10” wheelbase, not sure what the wheelbase is for the gas mechanical is, but it would be close to that.
      Brian
      Qld. Aust.

      Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 5:09 PM

      I'm not that sure brian, I'm at the start of this  "project" and have not a chance to find the real measurements of the loco. that is another question ( to  get up close and measureable to the loco at PBR)

      23mm  axle centers,  12mm dia wheels at a guess, that's the specs I would use for the hollywoodbulant with extended  axle. Needed is the outside cranks, the coupling rod, the  rod to the piston. To me the outside cranks are the hard part.

      Sorry  not to have a  lot of info.

      David

      To: ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com
      From: ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:00:15 +1000

      What size wheels do you need David?

      Brian
      Qld. Aust.

      Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 4:20 PM

      I have a  1:48 #D print of PBR's Peckett, and ar elooking to motorise it.  Att hemoment a Bullant fromn Hollywood foundry is the preferred power unit. But since the Peckett is outside frame, and needs outside cranks, that is what I need to find.

      Any ideas where to get some?

      David Head

      No virus found in this message.