15691Re: Bachmann Whitcomb diseasel

  • oztrainz
    Jan 21, 2014

      Hi Ian,

      then I don't think you;ll get much joy from the Whitcomb. It is a beast of a unit. I saw it at the Pasadena convention but unfortunately I didn't get any photos of it. My impression of it was "Large" - My feeling is that it would probably be at least 1.5X larger in all dimensions that the HO 44-ton nmech.  It is far more suited for moving cuts of reefers than V-tips. A suggestion look at the Bachmann 45 ton HO unit for your chassis. Have a look at http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/85201.pdf It looks like the axles are stepped so it might be possible to upsize your wheels.

      I hope that it helps,

      Regards,

      John Garaty

       .