15543Light Railways Online Shop Specials.

  • John Dennis
    Oct 6, 2013

      Please excuse this advertisement. I do think it is useful to let subscribers hear about the specials available from the Light Railways Research Society of Australia's online shop; I will only do this every couple of months or so.

      The Light Railways storage facility is bulging at the seams, and at the recent council meeting it was decided to reduce the quantity of Light Railways back issues we are stocking. Sometime in the near future we will be binning all of our paper copies of the older back issues, and instead making available downloadable PDFs for each issue.

      Before we do the unthinkable and pulp these old magazines we are giving both members and other customers a chance to fill up their collections. All issues for which we have stock prior to LR 200 (April 2008) will be on sale at $2.00 for non-members, and $1.00 for LRRSA members. That's a massive discount on the cover price of these magazines.

      There are 128 different issues available at this discount price, from issue 55 (Autumn 1976) through to 199 (February 2008). To take advantage of this offer login to the online shop at http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_Online_shop.html

      In other news, the Online Shop is stocking "Climax - a locomotive resurrected", a delightful A4 booklet released in conjunction with the return to service of Climax 1694 at Puffing BIlly in early September. This book is available for $10, or $9 for LRRSA Members. We are also selling Nick Anchen's beautiful book covering the Victorian Railways 2'6" gauge lines, "The Narrow Gauge", at a special price of $75.00 ($67.50 for members), discounted from the regular $90 cover price.

      John Dennis
      LRRSA Sales Officer