15538Request for drawing or dims of Wee Georgie Wood bogie coach.

  • woobieee
    Oct 6 4:34 AM
      I wonder if someone here can help me out.
      Today at the Wee Georgie Wood railway is an old Bogie coach, currently painted red with white trim. I have old B&W photos of the coach.  I asked on the LRRSA forum who could help on some history but not the dims or drawings, apparently the coach originally ran on the Comstock line in Queenstown.

       Anway, I'm in need of some reasonable scale drawings of the coach.
      I've been asked in the US to run a kit of a small 8 wheel coach in 7/8 scale
      (2ft gauge on 45mm gauge rail). They wanted a general coach, easy to build in
      kit form. This coach came to mind. I've always liked its Mt Lyell style arched
      windows etc. Interstingly, buyers of the kit will probably end up running it
      with our upcoming 7/8 scale live Steam Fairymead loco, due out next month.

      I'd really like to draw up a kit of this coach - can anyone point me to
      a good source of drawings to base it from or even key dimensions so I can set up
      from there?

      The coach is the one in this picture:

      David Fletcher

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic