      From: "neilmunck@..." <neilmunck@...>
      To: ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, 20 September 2013 1:41 AM
      Subject: RE: RE: Re: [ausnarrowgauge] RE: Australianise an On30 Porter

       Nice, good luck with the conversion and let us see how it goes.

      I want to do an open cab plantation type Porter now so I was wondering where you had sourced your Porter.  I am heavily leaning towards the Deltang battery radio control so DCC or sound aren't important to me.

      Cheers, Neil
      --- In ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com, <ausnarrowgauge@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hi Ron & Neil,
      The spare parts caught my attention. I think by Anglicising the Bachmann Porter I should obtain the flavour of a bush or industrial tramway.
      RodH
      On Sep 20, 2013 3:52 PM, "ronhil@..." <ronhil@...> wrote:

      Neil?

      Reminds me of my pre-war clockwork 'Caerphilly Castle' (4-4-2!!!!!!). It even needed 2' radius curves to be banked or it came off the tracks at a high rate of knots.

      All that I am saying is that the Smallbrook bodies are designed for specific (not Rolls Royce) mechs and may need a fair amount of surgery to fit anything better.

      Ron